Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Larry the Cable Guy LASERED ON NATIONAL TELEVISION

Is it wrong/dangerous for the guy to have done this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cmak

I'll try to post a video up soon... and upon further inspection of the video, I realized that it wasn't really a laser... just kidding it was definitely a laser, but I now noticed that it was shone on him multiple times throughout the show (at different times). Once again, this is the TV EDIT, and was shot with professional cameras. I am 100% sure it was a laser and will try to have some pics/videos up as soon as I can fix my camera issues... otherwise I'll probably just use my phone. And it didn't look like it bothered him, but he probably did notice something when it got in his eye (towards the end).

I saw that too, and pointed it out to my GF. I'd say it was defiantly a laser, just not very high powered.

photonaholic

Re: Larry the Cable Guy LASERED ON LIVE TV

Well you guys do know he doesn't really sound like that. He's just a normal dude.

Very true, He's just the same as anyone else when he's at wal mart or rosie ogrady's having a frozen daiquiri.

I was a our school ballgame and there was a light that I beleive was close to 532 nm and i was like cool a green laser and then saw the flash from the camera and so yes there are green focus lights on some cameras and they pretty bright. I wonder if they use a spread out laser beam because it looked a lot like a green laser.

i would guess it was a stage light but no one will know until someone POSTS A VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cmak

sorry about not having posted the video up yet, I honestly just shot the footage and forgot about it for a while...

I'll try to post it up soon, but until then I just wanted to say again: I am 99% sure that it was a laser and not anything else (e.g. Stage light, camera focus light, green LED flashlight with a super-low divergence XD)

peace & thanks
-cmak