Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton Logo competition

Zom-B said:
No offense, but in that last image it actually looks like someone scraped the letters in the barrel with a key, and the paint (if it were paint) crumbled off irregularly

I agree. The letters made of ice crystals sounded good in theory but its very difficult to pull off while maintaining a clean professional look. It didn't turn out how I was hoping.

Anyway, Kenom if you do decide to re-start the poll, I'd like to post these new logos for your consideration:

newlogo1.jpg

newlogo2.jpg

newlogo3.jpg

newlogo5.jpg

newlogo6.jpg

Kenom

nah. I'm not all th tinterested in starting this over again. Not to mention the bottom has too much detail to be anodized. They look good though.

About laser engraving quality, my iPod shuffle has a serial number on it and it's freakin tiny. The numbers and letters are only about 3/4 of a mm high, and they're taller than they are wide.

The numbers are a little confusing since they're not lined up with the picture. I like the second one by far the best, and I think it would look the best printed on the barrel. It sort of looks like the second one is labeled as #1, which could explain all the votes that #1 has.

Yeah, but mine's first in the list, how can it be anything other than #1? Besides, if you've been following this thread you'd know who made what.

Woah, people are actually voting for me!

:D :D :D
Made my day.

360freak, where you referring to mine when you said #2 was the best? :D

Yeah he was. I'm a bit surprised you didn't get more votes actually. :\

I'm going to have to say RA_pierce's one is the best actually - I just love how professional it looks, sort of like LaserGlow's logo.

Kenom

You need to post your logo in solid white or black Villageidiot.  I'm not gonna say it again before removing it from the competition.  I indicated they all needed to be that way so it's a fair playing field.  Thanks :D

[edit]I do see where you posted the other one but with the star in the center it is not the entry that is in the finals. Not wanting to sound rude. Just asked a while ago and I don't have the time to redo the competition again.[/edit]

I had a b&w version quite a while ago, yaknow... Pick:

Attachments

• Inverted_001.png
    Inverted_001.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 76
VillageIdiot said:
You gotta say though dude, Zom-B's remix of my idea looks bad-asssssss.
you got my vote... and way more rep than you deserve. lol j/k

j/k? I need to have given Florence Nightingale lessons to deserve this amount of rep @_@

Kenom

VillageIdiot said:
I had a b&w version quite a while ago, yaknow... Pick:

That won't engrave there is too much moire in that it has to be solid color #6 is ok but not all the detail in it will anodize. which is fine it will still look the same just not as many Not that it makes that much difference since hardly anybody has voted for it.

Kenom

At the close of this, I still do not have a solid black entry from villageidiot that I can directly send to the engraver. I asked for this so that I didn't have to do any modification to the file when it was all said and done. if this is your final entry it's a pretty pathetic one.
Inverted_001.png
there is no way this can be engraved onto the side of the barrels. I will take some time to consider removing the entry and post in a day or so.

I do have a solid black entry you know Kenom, it's 5 posts up from this one. o_O Twas sort of the one I wanted you to use from the start, instead of the high-def one on page 1.