Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton Logo competition

Zom-B said:
No offense, but in that last image it actually looks like someone scraped the letters in the barrel with a key, and the paint (if it were paint) crumbled off irregularly

That's sort of why I think it looks good but whatever =P

Zom-B

Argh :mad: I chose #4 because the combination looked so great. I want to change my vote to #10

Kenom

Poll has been reset since a few of the entries have changed for a even playing field.

Kenom

6.png

KRYTON_ENTRYBISCUITS.png

Krytonlogocopy.png

kryton-white.jpg

logo12.png

krytonexp1338tk9.png

untitledsubmission.png

Kenom

Well scog, i'd like to let you know that prior to removing the groove you had 78% of the votes.  a total of 16 while the most any other had was 8,9,10 combined and it only had 6 The one's that were removed had not a single vote for them. so in order to speed things up, I removed the one's that had no votes.

So by 'a few' you meant one? lulz.

I'll have you know that #1 has a few votes. Not tellin how many though.

=P

you're sure as hell right about this though.

Psychology states that humans follow the crowd. I've noticed it as well.

Kenom

:) I find it kind of funny too because everyone was hollerin about how the images needed to be setup for monchrome and yours isn't. So it's not even an accurate representation of how it's going to look in black and white.

Maven

i still think RA's is the most professional looking one submitted but really anything that is clean looking will work

I'm sticking with scog. Not only do I think his is the best looking one, but the work he has done with the rendering of the barrels is fantastic :)

Maven

I have to agree about the rendering. That is pretty awesome.

i am not sure though i could see scog's winning, but my favorite was the one from RA that had the snowflake in the background.

i wonder if he could mod it some so the snowflake is smaller or something ... oh well

Oh dear.

Everyone has voted for #1, probably because it 'looks the best'.

However, that's because everyone else has made theirs two tone, which is how it will appear on the barrels. Where as #1 is full of grey scales, and none of those will show up on the barrels. It'll just be a big ugly black splodge.

Murudai recommendations:

#1 (and #6 for that matter) should be disqualified since they are NOT representations of how they will appear on the barrels, where as the rest are. This gives a falsified view of the final product and design, and creates an uneven playing field.

The respective artists should resubmit their work in two tone (black and white) like the rest of the entries, and like how the final design will appear on the barrels. If they don't, the entries are void, because they do not confirm to the guidelines of this competition.

Also, the votes should be made hidden again like they were before. Eliminates bias.

Mine does have a b&w version. Kenom posted the textured version. Imagine this without the ninja star thing. Or if you like the ninja star dealie keep it =D

Keep in mind that if you don't want flat filled-in text I can do just an outline.

Attachments

• 6d.png
    6d.png
    29 KB · Views: 82
Re-voted for #3.

PS: unlike the previous vote, it's now possible to see which logo got the most votes so far after you've voted. That wouldn't be a problem since you can only see it after you've voted, but as can be expected information about the score is posted by those who have already voted. This might influence the poll.