Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

KES-400A Laser Repair

suede

Hi All - I run a console repair shop and replace a lot of PS3 Lasers (KES-400A) All the lasers are purchased from China but I cannot afford this anymore. I am trying to learn how to replace the diode on these lasers and get them back up and running myself. One problem...I cannot find anyone who can teach me to repair these. Is there anyone that can help me to repair these? Any info on parts or tools required would be a great start...

Thanks in advance

Wait you mean a 13$ sled can no longer be replaced? and you just want to add a new laser.

you mean fix the laser diode it self? or the sled that holds all the optics
You cant fix the laser it self you can only replace it.

suede

I want to repair this laser unit so I can put back into the PS3.
I buy them all the time from China and they are reconditioned lasers...how are they reconditioning these?

This is what i need to repair...
provider%5C%5Cimages%5Ct_2008.jpg

Ahh okay well as far as that goes you would be better of buying a whole new sled, (a sled is the thing you posted above). we cant just buy a new laser we take them out of the sleds. you can pick those up what you posted above for10$ and thats the cheapest i have seen them in bulk.

suede

Is it not possible to fit a new diode and this will have the sled back up and running?

nope i dont think anyone has ever been able to buy just a diode, but when the sleds cost 10$ there is no need.

the phr sled is different than the kes sled. the phr is for the xbox hd add on, while the kes is really from the ps3. but the kes sleds are available for cheap. although i cant reccomend a source. the kes diode is not very useful around these parts.

michael

HIMNL9

Other than this, for replace the bare diode on an old sled, you need also to realign and refocus it ..... seeing that is matter of displacements in the order of 1/1000 of mm, i doubt that is a work that can be done with home tools .....