Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Keeping a small dot over one mile distance

*cracks open can of troll food*

For reasons explained in the video VisibleGreen posted, the sun could only be a few thousand miles away from the Earth to fit the Flat Earth Theory, correct?

So why is it that I can point a pulsed laser at the Apollo 14 landing site (where they placed retroreflectors) and have photons of the same wavelength return in ~2.6 seconds, confirming that the moon is ~239,000 miles away? (The speed of light is a well established fact, you can even measure it at home) So how can the sun be only a few thousand miles away, and the moon can be MEASURED to be 239,000 miles away, and yet the moon can pass in front of the sun during a solar eclipse?

Bloody Hell, I can't keep up. I've looked up the definition of 'troll'. Am I troll? On some sites I definitely am. On others definitely not. On this site I can't decide whether I'm a troll or not because if I am I was definitely pushed into it. I know that whatever I post now is going to provoke an emotional response so if that is one of the definitions of a troll then I suppose I am. Sorry about that.

I think, together, we have proved that the coriolis effect is bogus. This means the earth isn't rotating so the sun must be rotating around the earth. So, how does the sun set? Flat Earth theory states that the earth is a flat disc and the sun circles around the north pole between the tropics of capricorn and cancer at a fixed height above the earth.

Now, we have to talk about perspective. Remember in art class when we were kids. The teacher told us that objects would appear to get smaller the further they were away from us. This didn't mean that the objects actually became smaller with distance. They are still the same size no matter how far away from us they are but due to the laws of perspective they appear to become smaller. We have all experienced this. It's how our brain interprets the signals that our eyes are receiving. What the teacher failed to tell us is that at a certain distance objects appear to become so small that they actually become invisible. Yes, they become INVISIBLE even through they are still the same size and on the same level. This applies to objects of any size and luminosity. The point at which distant or large objects disappear is the horizon or what we flat Earthers call the vanishing point. You cannot see anything past the horizon because anything beyond this point has become so small that it has become invisible to the human eye. Also the level at which the horizon appears is dead on level with your eyes. Yes, THE HORIZON IS ALWAYS LEVEL WITH YOUR EYES!!! So, as you go vertically higher the horizon will follow your eye line. Check it out, it's true! This is due to the laws of perspective. I really need diagrams to explain it fully but that is basically it.

Get ready! Here it comes! THE HORIZON IS NOT DUE TO THE EARTH'S CURVATURE! If it were the horizon would not follow you as you ascend upwards. When you stand on the beach the horizon is level with your eye line. If the horizon were due to the Earth's curvature it would be on a level below you feet and not level with your eyes.

As for the sun. The reason why it sets is because when it passes a certain point it appears to become so small that it vanishes just like anything else.

Your narrow misguided views make me sad in the pants. :cryyy:

On the plus side thanks for being a very entertaining troll you wonderfully archaic dinosaur.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Laser Chick, you've seen "Journey to the center of the earth" haven't you. :D

I love this !
LOL BowtieGuy.

H2Oxide, great point.

Now guys and gal, Re srow, I suppose we have to accept that it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
See what I did there.
:crackup:

Your narrow misguided views make me sad in the pants. :cryyy:

Pull your pants up, am pretty sure no mooning is allowed here.:crackup:

Hollow earth?!? I have never heard that one before. That is hilarious :crackup:

I can't believe you never heard of that. Please google "hollow earth", there are many that think the earth is a shell and that the interior side may be inhabited.

Laser Chick, you've seen "Journey to the center of the earth" haven't you. :D

The original 1959 movie is one of the best movies, I highly recommend it.

My power is out here due to the wind storm, gusting to 60mph, the high wind warning is in effect until 10pm so I don't know when the power will be back on or how much I will be posting today, am also in danger, am in the forest surrounded by tall trees.

Alan

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Pi, the original 1959 version is one of my favorites also, I watch it every time I see it being re-run!
I like it much better than the newer version, but that's probably because I'm old like the original. :yh:

Stay safe out there tonight; I hope your power is returned soon!

@ Pi R Squared I hope that you and your loved ones stay safe and that your power is fixed ASAP.

Cute BowtieGuy, very cute :p

I would like to know what the shell material is made out of because it sure is strong!!

Gabe

@ Pi R Squared I hope that you and your loved ones stay safe and that your power is fixed ASAP.

Cute BowtieGuy, very cute :p

I would like to know what the shell material is made out of because it sure is strong!!

It's gotta be dense too, otherwise the mass/volume ratio won't work out...

Guys ... I have to admit something. My poop is flat like the earth :O
It comes out in disks and they each have their own moons and suns appearing and disappearing due to objects getting so small from the horizon that they totally become invisible!

If all objects get invisible by distance, how can we still see the moon in the sky? You said the invisibility of objects was indifferent to the size of the object.

Have you done your experiment yet? Please do get back to us with the results. You have heard of these new inventions called boats and airplanes, correct. Actual people have sailed and flown around the earth, you realize this, no? Do you know anyone who lives 1000 miles east or west of you? Call them on a phone at sunrise or sunset and see if they see the same thing as you. I want to say that you are just trolling us or tripping on acid or make up some other excuse for your behavior and that there is no way that anyone can actually think as you do but I guess I should not be surprised by anything anymore. Please do your experiment and get back to us. Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, its almost 3am and this thread has kept me awake too long now and although its been entertaining, I must return to reality.

srow

Have you done your experiment yet? Please do get back to us with the results. You have heard of these new inventions called boats and airplanes, correct. Actual people have sailed and flown around the earth, you realize this, no? Do you know anyone who lives 1000 miles east or west of you? Call them on a phone at sunrise or sunset and see if they see the same thing as you. I want to say that you are just trolling us or tripping on acid or make up some other excuse for your behavior and that there is no way that anyone can actually think as you do but I guess I should not be surprised by anything anymore. Please do your experiment and get back to us. Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, its almost 3am and this thread has kept me awake too long now and although its been entertaining, I must return to reality.
I haven't done the experiment yet. To be honest I don't know as whether I need to. After realising the Coriolis effect is so bogus (thanks to this thread) I don't know whether this experiment is necessary. I was only doing it to demonstrate to myself which isn't necessary now.

I haven't done the experiment yet. To be honest I don't know as whether I need to. After realising the Coriolis effect is so bogus (thanks to this thread) I don't know whether this experiment is necessary. I was only doing it to demonstrate to myself which isn't necessary now.

Well okay then. So since your reason for being here was supposedly information regarding lasers, and as you stated you don't wish to debate your flat earth batshit crazy idea, and you now have no need to run that experiment, then why keep logging in and checking this thread? Is it because you are trolling for drama? Me thinks so.

Last edited: