Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

K301V 125W CW Nd:YAG pumping chamber for sale

diachi

Sorry to kinda derail this thread again, maybe we need to start a DPSS general thread.

Anyway, Alaskan, if you want 589nm out of this it's going to be a real challenge. Since it's going to be operated in a pulsed mode, you want an NLO crystal with a large phase-matching bandwidth. Also, you really want a folded cavity, since Nd:YAG does absorb visible light, especially in the 580-600nm region.

Nd:YAG also has two dominant transitions from the upper laser level to the 4I(13/2) manifold, 1319nm and 1338nm, as opposed to the 4F(3/2) -> 4I(11/2) transition for 1064nm, which is the only one (actually there are more (12?) but the 1064/1062 transitions are extremely dominant). 1319nm is only about 1/3 as prominent as 1064nm, so you will need to design a resonator that suppresses 1064nm (but doesn't eliminate it), and promotes 1319nm to a level where they are equal. This is incredibly hard to do, as 1064nm will quickly begin to dominate if given the opportunity. You also can't use cheaper broadband optics, because you need to completely suppress 1338nm (though this could also be done with an etalon, it would eliminate 1064nm).

There is a LOT more to factor into consideration as well, but if you're up to the challenge, I'm pretty sure everyone here would love to see a high powered 589nm.

Good call on the DPSS general thread.

Nailed it on your other points. Going to want the folded cavity for proper beam waist positioning too... Alaskan, RE: your other question regarding using lenses instead of curved mirrors, here's another good reason. If you're lasing on two lines/dealing with multiple wavelengths you don't need to worry about the change in refractive index for different wavelengths, seeing as mirrors are reflective and not refractive.

Adding an etalon between the YAG and the HR mirror, you can tune out all the lines expect the single one you are concerned with. They are set at an angle with respect to the mirror and then you can incrementally change it to tune your system to the just one line you are concerned with.

Adding an etalon between the YAG and the HR mirror, you can tune out all the lines expect the single one you are concerned with. They are set at an angle with respect to the mirror and then you can incrementally change it to tune your system to the just one line you are concerned with.

That would eliminate 1064nm (or 1319nm depending on the angle) though, so it would only work with separate crystals.

Last edited:
That's true. If you need both lines, it wouldn't work, but then it becomes much more complicated. Trying to eliminate all but 1064nm and 1319nm makes this project much more difficult as 1064nm is a major line and 1319nm isn't.

I don't want to derail the thread much more, but seems for high power I need two YAG sources, 1064 and 1319 nm to combine together into a NL xtal.

By the way, as I had said, this k301v pumping chamber is rated for 30W at 1.32 um. So, maybe it would make sens to run it on this wavelength and take 1064 nm from the other source.

At one point I'm sure you said you could provide mirrors for this thing, though they wouldn't be able to reach maximum power. If you added those to your listing, I think it might get someone interested in it. It is a pricey item to be so incomplete. Just my 2 cents.

Alex, I saw the video of the Q switch you have for sale on ebay, could you post more pictures here for me to see it better? Interested in seeing all sides as well as some rough dimensions. Thanks!

I would be also interested in exchanging the items from this thread on other lasers or laser related equipment, instead of money. I am interested in old and powerful gas lasers. Glass argon/krypton ones and Cu\CuBr lasers are in the highest priority.

Good for you, Laserbuilder. Though I'd bet you'd have rather sold the CW YAG set up. Still, $150.00 is something. :)

Looking for an argon laser!

The K301V pumping chamber is still on sale.

I am fed up with fiddling with russian and soviet argon necro-lasers. Almost six of them passed through my hands during last 2 yaers and all of them had dead tubes, including the last, most recent one. It leaked air in the tube after 6 months lying on the shelf. All of them have a fatal engineering mistake -- the metal joint between ceramic bore and glass flask at the cathode side is underwater, so it suffers from corrosion. Then the vacuum is breached.

So, I want a normal laser without this issue -- the Spectra Physics model 164, 165 or 168. Or any other large-frame with the GLASS tube.

Unfortunately I don't have cash to afford it on ebay, and shipping costs are outrageous. Maybe someone has one for an exchange? I have a lot of other lasers, laser components and laser related stuff to offer.

Last edited: