Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just might not be bad??

GSS

I didn't want to add on to the old Vegas shooting thread that got out of hand.
I don't know if anyone has seen it yet but I just saw a TV add for a "Atomic Shield".
It's a big note book size bullet proof board that seems to be sold by the "Atomic" flashlight etc. company.
It's to fit in children's back packs or peoples brief cases. If it could save just one life I think its not a bad idea.

In England they banned guns and criminals took to knives to mug and stab, now the murder rate in London is higher than New York and the long time talk of banning pointy knives has actually materialized in the starting form of banned delivery of internet purchased knives.

Maybe Londoners could benefit from anti stab chest plates and chainmaille underwear.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/london...york-city-first-time-surging-knife-gun-crime/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...line-to-private-addresses-illegal-knife-crime

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
The gun ban in England seems to be working rather well eh ....we don't shoot you anymore, we'll just stab you! :eek:
Looks like it's time to stock up on hammers and screwdrivers.

@Red - Chainmaille could be the new fashon trend this summer in the UK! ;)

Last edited:
With this recent stabbing in the UK, well, slitting, I was looking for remarks blaming the ability to buy knives. If not a knife a rock...

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Chris, didn't you hear, you've got to prove you're 18+ to own a rock. :crackup:

I didn't want to add on to the old Vegas shooting thread that got out of hand.
I don't know if anyone has seen it yet but I just saw a TV add for a "Atomic Shield".
It's a big note book size bullet proof board that seems to be sold by the "Atomic" flashlight etc. company.
It's to fit in children's back packs or peoples brief cases. If it could save just one life I think its not a bad idea.
Maybe they should have called it "Lead Shield" since it
wouldn't do didly-squat near an Atomic Bomb blast.

Still a fairly good idea... How much do they weigh and
what caliber of round would it stop..:thinking:

Jerry

GSS

I'm still pretty stupid with my thinking that even though places around the world might sound beautiful and safe, there's always the seedy side of them. Not that these shootings and these stabbing were in the bad area's.
The link mentioned since 1990 the murder rate in NY decreased by 87% but still shocked my ignorance's that London has a high rate.
Are all London Police required to carry pistols now? and the day's of just club holding beat cops over?

GSS

Maybe they should have called it "Lead Shield" since it
wouldn't do didly-squat near an Atomic Bomb blast.

Still a fairly good idea... How much do they weigh and
what caliber of round would it stop..

Jerry
Well, they didn't run over it with a Hummer, throw it off a cliff or freeze it in a block of ice:crackup: like they Always do!
I don't think they mentioned it but they showed a regular stack of notebooks and then the shield being shot I think with a pistol.

Bow, Alaskan I guess is old enough to buy 4 rocks I think:D

Last edited:
I am in trouble, I have several more rocks hidden in the wall of my apartment, just in case.

Eh, they designed them to do that only because they kept missing their targets :p

Reactions: GSS
I don't know, can a boomerang hit an animal and still come back?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
:beer:
Yeah, but if you miss with a rock, you've just given them your ammunition.
:crackup:

RB, are you saying that your rocks don't come back to you in Australia, it must be because you're living upside down, and gravity is working against you. :D

I don't know, can a boomerang hit an animal and still come back?

Yes, if you have a multitasking dog like mine.
(Retriever)

:D

RB, are you saying that your rocks don't come back to you in Australia, it must be because you're living upside down, and gravity is working against you. :D

:crackup:
BTW, We have one big one right in the centre of Australia to hold us in place.
:whistle:

Last edited: