Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just bought from Thinklasers.com should I be worried?

Noctis

Okay, short intro first.

I just bought a laser from Orbtronic.com for $120, which promptly broke after I accidentally dropped it 3 feet onto the pavement. As it turns out, the lens was simply knocked loose from the glue that held it on(probably from China). After attempting to super glue it back on, the glue got onto the lens itself(or focusing optics, I don't know which) and ruined it forever.

So I sought another laser and had my eyes on Wicked Lasers because of their supposedly brightest flashlight in the world that burns anything in front of it, and some reading on Wikipedia about how they made a blinding laser weapon for the military. Basically I was looking for something that wouldn't be as fragile as glass, and Wicked Lasers really seemed like they were the ones the military would use).

Which dragged me over to the Thinklasers.com site, mostly because I thought they would ship with USPS(UPS and FedEx can't deliver to my house). I bought an Evolution Pro Green at 20mW for roughly the same price at $130. This happened on Monday and I have yet to receive the laser nor any kind of tracking number(I live in Hawaii).

And only just in the past 3 hours did I come upon this site and the seemingly horrible reputation of ThinkLasers.com

I'm just wondering if I should be worried. The majority of the bad posts about the site seemed to be from 2-3 years ago. But if it turns out that they simply took my money without any intention of sending anything, I'm wondering if there's anything I could do about it. They don't use Paypal, and that alone should've been a red flag for me. But I was really impatient because I barely had a chance to use my laser for more than an hour before I broke it.

On the bright side, after what I've read, I'm fairly confident that the X125 Nova Laser I ordered at least will live up to my expectations.

I'm also curious as to what people use their lasers for. I really only had minor entertainment in mind for my laser, which seems like a pitiful reason to dish out hundreds of dollars for a pen-sized object. I couldn't think much further than popping black balloons or chasing cats/birds around with it(or killing household pests).
Shining it anywhere outside my own house seems like an easy ticket to getting arrested. If it hits someone in the eye, bam. If it even moves NEAR a car, bam. If I were shining it in the clouds but didn't see the plane behind them, bam. If someone shouts, "SNIPER!!!" and causes a mass panic, bam.

-Herman

Hey Herman...

First... you need to try and contact them... only the Seller knows when
and how your purchase was shipped... It has only been a week and you
live on an island in the Pacific...

There may be nothing wrong with the shipping....
On the other hand... from what I have read on the subject... your only
concern may be the quoted power of the Laser you receive..

Like I said.... you need to contact the seller...

BTW....

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Enjoy your stay..:cool:

Jerry

Hello Herman, Welcome to the forum.

Not that I wish to make your experience seem worse, but (provided I read your post correctly) 20mw is not enough power to "burn" anything. Balloons and matches will just sit there laughing at 20mw.

$130 for 20mw of green is way over priced, look at these lasers....

www.rayfoss.com

O-Like, Quality Products, Great Prices

I cannot say with any honesty if you have been ripped off, I have never done business with them.
(Like Jerry just said, contact the seller and see what is up with your order)

Just remember to think safety, can never stress safety enough with lasers.

Chasing animals around with them is not a good idea, they have eyes too.

Last edited:

Arayan

I will advice you to contact them via chat (they never respond to e-mail) and save all conversations...

Reactions: mfo

Noctis

Hello Herman, Welcome to the forum.

Not that I wish to make your experience seem worse, but (provided I read your post correctly) 20mw is not enough power to "burn" anything. Balloons and matches will just sit there laughing at 20mw.

$130 for 20mw of green is way over priced, look at these lasers....

www.rayfoss.com

O-Like, Quality Products, Great Prices

I cannot say with any honesty if you have been ripped off, I have never done business with them.
(Like Jerry just said, contact the seller and see what is up with your order)

Just remember to think safety, can never stress safety enough with lasers.

Chasing animals around with them is not a good idea, they have eyes too.
Yes, I'm aware that 20 mW won't burn anything. The 20 mW is something I bought for just pointing at things.

I ordered a 125mW laser from Nova Lasers as my burner. Along with goggles of course.

I was just curious if anyone had any bad experiences with them recently, as I haven't found any posts about them from less than 2 years ago.

I hope all is well with your purchase... Ive not had any experience with them but if all I've heard is true (hopefully not) you may be in for a ride...

KiLLrB

Okay, short intro first.

I just bought a laser from Orbtronic.com for $120, which promptly broke after I accidentally dropped it 3 feet onto the pavement....

Hmm mrgoogfan said you could drop lasers from 8 ft and it would survive lol...

Sorry to hear about that man :( welcome to the forums and good luck :D

Noctis

Orbtronic - Extreme Power Military Stealth Black Portable Green Laser Pointer 532nm

That was the one I bought. It seemed fairly heavy considering its size, which might explain why the glue broke off so easily, as something that stiff and dense would amplify the shock.

I probably should've avoided it completely due to the utter lack of detail on the specs. Now it just seems like a cheap laser made more powerful with the lithium batteries.

Though maybe it was just a bad idea to walk around with an expensive laser in my pocket.

Noctis

I too got my laser on Thursday. It seems to be exactly as advertised. And if I read the data sheet correctly, the actual power output is about 45 mW, which is above the advertised 20mW.

Seems like the site is turning itself around now.

Re: Thinklasers Bad Review.....

Thinklasers...if I did business like these clowns...i'd be out of business. I guess its easy to BS when you can hide behind the internet. 2-1/2 months of lies and more lies. They actually blamed their own incompetence on the manufacturer. The fact is, if you dont have the laser in hand, just tell the buyer so they can make a decision about what they want to do.

Just want to let everybody know, if your thinking of doing business with these people, better pull up a chair and a good book, because your going to be waiting a while.

So, heres my question to you guys; where can I buy a good laser and have it delivered in 3 days? Thanks for your help in advance.

SM

Ever since I had bad experiences last year with Wicked Lasers and ThinkLasers, I started buying from Merry at Laserlands.com. Merry (she) has been EXTREMELY courteous and helpful. I have never had a bad experience from Laserlands. They are trying very hard to become a premier supplier of lasers.
I have always received a prompt email response in the evenings (time difference between China and the US). I have never been lied to, and prices have been great for the product.
Contact her and let us know how you like the product.
Nice try at trying to trick someone into thinking your a laser land customer.
You blew it with the quote
" let US know how you like the product", us....
It looks like every post you've ever done is about promoting lasers and acting like you're a customer of theirs.
Bad form "Mr. laserland" for your lame attempt of fraud.

For Scarabman, I can get you any pointers we have in stock at Optotronics Laser Products in 2 business days, faster if you select express mail shipping. we are in the US and I'm the owner of Optotronics.

Last edited:

Thinklasers...if I did business like these clowns...i'd be out of business. I guess its easy to BS when you can hide behind the internet. 2-1/2 months of lies and more lies. They actually blamed their own incompetence on the manufacturer. The fact is, if you dont have the laser in hand, just tell the buyer so they can make a decision about what they want to do.

Just want to let everybody know, if your thinking of doing business with these people, better pull up a chair and a good book, because your going to be waiting a while.

So, heres my question to you guys; where can I buy a good laser and have it delivered in 3 days? Thanks for your help in advance.

SM

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
rff3rd has been unbanned. within 5 minutes of me asking, they provided a full email chain of evidence of them purchasing products from laserlands.. they appear to be legit (i doubt they could have made up this evidence within about 5 minutes of me asking)

they appear to be legit and are unbanned. if anyone has different evidence please let me know but they appear legit

rff3rd

"US" as in LPF members. You are exactly the type of supplier I try to avoid. Talk about self-serving. I promote suppliers I have good experience with. My experience with you has been TERRIBLE. I'll remember that.

rff3rd

Nice try at trying to trick someone into thinking your a laser land customer.
You blew it with the quote
" let US know how you like the product", us....
It looks like every post you've ever done is about promoting lasers and acting like you're a customer of theirs.
Bad form "Mr. laserland" for your lame attempt of fraud.

For Scarabman, I can get you any pointers we have in stock at Optotronics Laser Products in 2 business days, faster if you select express mail shipping. we are in the US and I'm the owner of Optotronics.
"US" as in LPF members. You are exactly the type of supplier I try to avoid. Talk about self-serving. I promote suppliers I have good experience with. My experience with you has been TERRIBLE. I'll remember that.