Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just about put my RPL to use

I almost used my RPL-260 to hopefully scare the crap out of somebody. This happened in Alabama while I was home for Thanksgiving. My mom lives down in a valley. Somebody up the hill was :gun: in the direction of her house. My step-dad said he could hear the bullets whizzing by. He wasn't to happy with that especially since he spent time in Afghanistan. I went to grab the RPL out of my car but he had stopped by the time I got back inside. Turns out somebody already called the cops on him. I bet the bright green beam would have made him stop if the cops hadn't showed up already.

My mom knew who it was once we saw where the sound was coming from. I knew the RPL would've easily reached the shooter since my mom called them one night to see what it looked like that far away. Heck, the dot was visible on the lawn even during the day.

FWIW, I had no intentions of actually shining it on the person :gun:. Just close enough so he could see it and think twice about :gun: again. Maybe he would think somebody was targeting him.

Last edited:

Doesn't sound to safe to me. If you scared a freak he could have shot at the point of origin.

Thats what i was going to say^
Would almost make it worse if the guy was crazy enough.
Scary :undecided:

Things

lol, and this is why I'm glad guns are illegal here. Screw self defense if everyone else has one too.

ARG

lol, and this is why I'm glad guns are illegal here. Screw self defense if everyone else has one too.

Ditto, people smuggling them from America make it hard to keep them of the streets though :undecided: