Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Joyetech Emode VV 488nm adapter

Hi
Been to busy to work on a custom build lately and I was a little bored,
I had an idea to try my 488nm 22mm adapter on my Emode mechanical vape since I don't use it for it's intended purpose, Knowing it's much thinner than my 22mm adapter I predicted it would look sweet with a thicker head and so it did,

This was very risky though like I said I was bored but so far so good, there is a 2 second delay after power just like a second soft start, witch is cool, this turned out really nice again who else can say they have a 488nm veriable volt-Wattage
Laser with duel boost drivers, extreme soft start and a heap of extra electronics for adjustment, One thing that is weird is when on standby mode there is a faint led like flash from the diode every 2 seconds, looks just like a leded diode
So yeah big risk to take but risks are needed for rewards!

https://youtu.be/pKvCO1U_M3c

Attachments

• yfsramf.jpg
    yfsramf.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 67
  • mBJdpcF.jpg
    mBJdpcF.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 59
  • PsKJWiZ.jpg
    PsKJWiZ.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 74
  • FnCrfzM.jpg
    FnCrfzM.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

That is so awesome Billy.
Amazing WL and build.
You're tallent never ceases to amaze me.
Cheers

RB

:drool:

Last edited:
Thanks Alex thanks Andrew haven't had much else to post lately, and most threads are getting boring so I just thought I would try and encourage some mods!

Hi BBB,
Nice contrast of size between the host and 510 sink. Great idea buddy awesome work always.

Rich:)

BobMc

Man Billy, that's just awesome looking, stunning :gj: and a :drool: well, well done.

Thanks Rick and Robert appreciate the kind words, can't wait to see more 488 builds out in the wild!

Thanks!

How exactly does varying the power work? Does it go from 0 to max?

I have a question for experienced member!

I doubt there is anyone that would risk doing this on a 488nm diode but I did and I'm not to conserned but when Emode is on in standby mode the diode pulses, This module has its own boost driver and I'm sure there is another boost driver in the Emode, Anyway just wanted to show this short video and get some advice, I'm sure many are going to say it isn't safe but it so low power pulsing like a led diode and I like the build!

https://youtu.be/O2-0In2hbOY