Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers PL-C600 (532nm)

GBD

hehe, it is a pretty nice laser. Quite easy to polish it too (because I like polished titanium) As much as the machining quality of the Ti-B and its looks are attractive, I still feel the PL-C is a nicer laser... my only complaint is I wish the PL-C's knurls were as aggressive and dimond formed as the Ti-B is.

I also come to like the PL-C because of its safety features... the lens apperture shutter makes it really easy to keep the lens clean, and the keylock prevents it from unleashing 0.7W of laser power into my privates while I carry this laser :D (its tricky, but one can EDC a PL-C... Don't ask)

Last edited:

Hmm, either the TiB is bigger than I thought, or the PLC is a little smaller.

I love the look of the TiB so much more though:)

Now I know you said not to ask... but what in the world are you doing pointing that much power at your crotch:na:

GBD

Okay Infinitus, just for you. Since I know you own this knife, here it is as a size referance :D

As for the laser pointing...well, shits and giggles really.

Last edited:
^^^LMAO! Thanks for the pic. Actually my version has teflon coating. Kind of wish it didn't since I'm always kind of hesitant to scratch it up.

I carry a laser in my pocket all the time btw... also for shits and giggles. Just the PLC is freaking HUGE.

Maybe I'll get a laser holster... need a gun holster anyway:tinfoil:

Edit: Did the TiB come that shiny, or was that after you polished it?

Last edited:

GBD

The Ti-B was duller, this was after polishing. (nothing fancy, simply jouler's rouge and some mothers polish on a regular buffing wheel).

I like the holster idea.. but for now the PL-C actually fits nicely into the pocket (deep pocket). The Ti-B is alot easier to carry though, but Id get some kind of dust cap or something. even with the assult bezel recessing the filter, I found it overly easy to scratch it up or get it dirty (PL-C doesn't have this issue due to the full metal lens shutter).

Hmm, I might just have to send mine off to Lazeerer for a polish... I don't have a buffing wheel:p

The reason I'm in need of a holster is I want to use this http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/james-bonds-laser-pistol-65867.html as a halloween prop. I'm torn on whether to find an orange tip:p

I think the twist metal shutter is a great idea... wish more lasers used it. Will definitely look into a dust cap of some sort.

rhd

That TiB is gorgeous. Is it possible to order that host on it's own?

Reginak: I'm still really curious to know more about your 561nm!

That TiB is gorgeous. Is it possible to order that host on it's own?

Reginak: I'm still really curious to know more about your 561nm!

@rhd- That was asked when the Ti-B was still just an artisits rendering.
I dont think JETL will do that but I wil ask again.

I gave the front a good twisting by hand with the rubber band technique but no movement.

Guess you could buy the cheapest Ti-B and gut it if you are REALLY wanting to re-build one.

I asked Gray about the host and its ability to also act as a heatsink and surprizingly he said the 445/300 I got was set like that due to the fact that the host does not really help control the heat much. Not what I wanted to hear but I always appreciate Gray's honest answers.

The polish job on that is sweet. Will that make fingerprint show more? Not that it would be a problem. Its not like polished copper after all.

Next GB???

AFAIK its undecided for now. Gray really hates to dissappoint. Maybe one with a limited list, IRDK.

TBH I really never thought there would as many as we have had. After all one of the goals of GBs is to get the product out there to help , in time, sell many more at a more profitable price.

I would like to see the beam tamed on the new 638s and find one in The TI-B host making 400-500 mW.

The kind words are greatly appreciated.

hak

Last edited:
Actually also asked gray about that... it's the same exact host used for the 405's 445's and 532's.

Apparently the host is really bad when it comes to heat:(

madog

I would say more or less the same, the beam is smaller on the o-like from memory, but I would say 30% brighter for the PL-C (the wide beam is 30% brighter then the thin beam of the o-like)... Id say the PL-C is doing a 1.5mm-2mm beam at apperture.

Divergance is a bit worse then the o-like, but really not by much.

Not to mention if floods the whole room green, better then the o-like (and more stable).. I guess these PLCs would lose some stability if you get a very overspec unit like regina did (that does 1.2W or something).

Im mostly impressed by the stability, constant mode and no power swings at this power level. but as said, with some of the more overspec units around, that mode shift and power would be more noticable.
I have the 600mw version too. Mine peaks at 880mw at times.
You are right about the mode hoping. Mine does it a little, say thirty seconds or so.
As for the stability, I have not ran mine longer than a minute either, but it does drop to around 600mw or so by the time 60 seconds is up.
I did a review on a PL-C 532/500=
Matt (Madog) is about to do one on his 600mW ,overspec even more.
And another is getting one PL-D most likely in he just finished GB.

:wave:

edit - the spot form a 532 looks much smaller with safety glasses on or in front of the camera lens.

I would have a review posted by now if my camera had not crapped out on me. I will have a new one soon so that i can post pics.

Last edited: