Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers PL-C600 (532nm)

GBD

Some media of the 532nm 600mw PL-C.. definatly the brightest hand held I got.

Host itself:

Fully defocused:

Peaked at 732mw, overspec from the rated 600mw, and has been maintaining that 700mw zone with decent stability (no mode hoping or huge power swings)

Cheers.

Update:

Night shots:

Had a spare trit keychain.. desided to put it on the laser

1.6W DHOM VS 0.7W PL-C

The 1.6W dot and splash is definatly brighter, but beam wise, it is not noticable from the PL-C unless side by side. (To my fucked up eyes anyways)

Last edited:

Very cool!

And I'm guessing you paid less than the price of a krypton:p

Have you tested for IR yet?

Also if you don't mind me asking... how much?

Reactions: GBD

GBD

Unit appears to already be IR filtered, I couldn't detect any reasonable ammount of IR... Ill estimate 20mw tops?

Yeah... Ill never buy a krapton or deal with wickedlasers. I hate them with quite a passion.

In all I payed 560$ US shipped (Very happy with the price for a 600mw laser, let alone any overspec). Jetlasers ships with DHL too, so its in your hands pretty much the next 2-3 days of order (unless you miss the courier).

Last edited:
Must look pretty incredible... how would you compare it to the o-like 400mW?

In terms of beam diameter?

Edit: Sorry for the 3rd degree questioning, but I've been eyeing that monster for a LOOONG time and people don't post reviews on them too often.

Last edited:

GBD

I would say more or less the same, the beam is smaller on the o-like from memory, but I would say 30% brighter for the PL-C (the wide beam is 30% brighter then the thin beam of the o-like)... Id say the PL-C is doing a 1.5mm-2mm beam at apperture.

Divergance is a bit worse then the o-like, but really not by much.

Not to mention if floods the whole room green, better then the o-like (and more stable).. I guess these PLCs would lose some stability if you get a very overspec unit like regina did (that does 1.2W or something).

Im mostly impressed by the stability, constant mode and no power swings at this power level. but as said, with some of the more overspec units around, that mode shift and power would be more noticable.

Last edited:
AFAIK all JETLASER 532s have IR filter-100% I dont know. But it would surprize me if they scrimped on them
Two things are missing--the stickers- did you remove them?
The silver on on the tailcap has model/S-N and mW/nm--did you ask from them to be removed for Canada Customs?==the other is the standard laser sticker.

Two things to keep in mind with the key on and removed and the pin in place the button can depress easily- like when you dont want it on. It can happen when you lay it down.
+2 for you.
PS Keep a close eye on he spring in the tailap- it is only fitted by compression and hard to find once it hits the floor. Very nice review- thanks for the super pics too.
hak

GBD

Thanks for those tips hakzaw, No, it came with the stickers and everything, I just removed them personally and stored em else where as I really don't like labels on my lasers.

Only thing I asked is that Jet would ship it without the presentation case, goggles, charger or anything else.... so I got a bubble wrapped PL-C, keys and pin in the unmarked package.

Last edited:
Must look pretty incredible... how would you compare it to the o-like 400mW?

In terms of beam diameter?

Edit: Sorry for the 3rd degree questioning, but I've been eyeing that monster for a LOOONG time and people don't post reviews on them too often.
I did a review on a PL-C 532/500=
Matt (Madog) is about to do one on his 600mW ,overspec even more.
And another is getting one PL-D most likely in he just finished GB.

:wave:

edit - the spot form a 532 looks much smaller with safety glasses on or in front of the camera lens.

Very nice PL-C!

Does it maintain 700mW for 2 minutes straight?

Have you measured the divergence?

I can't wait to get my 600mW PL-D... :san:

GBD

Yeah, it is pretty consistant on that 700mw, most Ive ran it was a minute, Id rather adhere to that duty cycle.

I can't say much about divergance yet, Ill messure later.. for now Ill guess your looking at 1.1mrad or so.

Hi,

These are real nice green lasers. Congrats! :)

My overspec unit has over 8 hours on it. I'm getting a more or less steady 880mw now, with a 1W peak. IR filtered. I just love it...

Cheers

Reactions: GBD

rhd

reginak:
Your 561 is in the wrong place in your rainbow ;)
But - more to the point - where did you get it? I was under the impression that Aryntha was the only one with a portable 561 ?

GBD

Updated OP with more pictures... some night shots and a side by side with a 1.6W lab.

^^^Crap... I'm green with envy. Pun intended:D

Hopefully I'll have the money together for one of these beast for the next GB... if there is one.

GBD

Yeah, you will need to talk to hak about that, I personally went ahead and ordered directly from jetlasers under the GB, my case seeing it is ultimatly less hastle on myself, jetlasers, and hak (jet ship directly to canada rather then to US then to me and risk customs).

Last edited:
Good idea. Btw, because of your Ti-B review... that's what I'm getting in the current GB... has to be the best looking host I've seen on here. The fact that it's titanium is just icing on the cake.