Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers PL-C 300 mW 532 nm laser

jakeGT

That is a very nice laser, I need tp get me a better green, and that seems very nice for the price and quality! Overall you would recommend it correct?

That is a very nice laser, I need tp get me a better green, and that seems very nice for the price and quality! Overall you would recommend it correct?

It sure is great value for money and I would definitely recommend it.

Thanks Dimitry and appreciate the input of everyone!
Yes, the mode of PL-C 300mw is yet to be improved a lot. Not perfect Temp00 right now. I've urged the tech guys to do something particularly to improve the beam profile.

The crystals come in bulks and they vary. Some can be easily controlled while some not.

Sometimes it's kinda a trade-off between a better mode and higher output. For lower powered ones, the Temp00 is not the problem, while for the >200mw or >250mw ones, kinda difficult to attain 100% perfect Temp00 mode. I saw several 500/600/700mw ones and the beam profile is not perfectly circular.

Btw, I guess viewing the beam profile by defocusing the focusing mechanism to the extreme would surely magnify every artifacts of the beam. All small defects in the mechanism and the concave lens such as decentralization would blow up the irregularity of the beam profile. I might be wrong. :)

Anyway a lot of work needs to be done to improve it. Otherwise, i would advise jetlasers to be more engaged in <250mw lower powered portables and better mode. :D

Last edited:
The extra safe features are for those who may end up handling your laser with no clue about safe use- not so much for you.

Actually it has three- counting the shutter and to be fully USA FDA compliant IIRC it would need a fourth safety--- a delay- that is -there is a time delay between when you activate the laser and when it actually begins to lase.

some folks, unfortunetly, when a laser does not 'seem' to work will instinctivly look into the biz end just as they would with an ordinary flashlight--I have seen adults do this--many times. Children will point a working laser at the eyes of others and themselves. A safer laser VS a little inconvience is a good trade-off. IMO

Agreed. Though it's a bit annoying that we have to use that tail dongle and it sort of distracts from the sleek lines. It's no more than a safety features.

Actually the mods can be very easily made to remove the tail. To disconnect the tail with the tailcap is okay. I can specify it if this is requested in advance.
:beer:

On my lasers which have a "Tail Dongle" , I find them to be an 1/8" phone plug. I machine a brass pin with a small, easily grasped head to stuff in there.
When someone says " let me SEE that" , I just pull the pin.
HMike

I make flush fit tail 'dongle' pins for all the PL-C that come through me in the GBs. With that pin in place it is like having the tail cap disabled while still being a able to remove it and use the one JETLASERS provides. I can see no reason to have that safety feature disabled and several resons to leave it as is.

I am seeking a source of nice zipper or velcro bags/holstrers to put PL-Cs into- either nylon or imitation leather. Any links tht can be sent to me will be appreciate.

I also am selling a new JETLASERS 532/250 PL-C peaking over 300mWs- with glassses in nice zipper case and battery charger --$400. plus shipping Con- US and Canada only. PM me if interested.

hak

Sorry for being late.

I noticed this thread now, and I saw this picture:
31189d1295178360-jetlasers-pl-c-300-mw-532-nm-laser-p1020392.jpg

Do not EVER do that again.

If you burn match closer to lens than 10 cm, you ARE getting a lot of cr'p on your lens and beam will get worse and worse, you'll lose power and clean dot.

Sorry for being late.

I noticed this thread now, and I saw this picture:
31189d1295178360-jetlasers-pl-c-300-mw-532-nm-laser-p1020392.jpg

Do not EVER do that again.

If you burn match closer to lens than 10 cm, you ARE getting a lot of cr'p on your lens and beam will get worse and worse, you'll lose power and clean dot.

Thanks for the heads up man, but fortunately that wont be a problem anymore as I've returned this laser due to some mode hopping and non TEM00 dot.

Thanks for the heads up man, but fortunately that wont be a problem anymore as I've returned this laser due to some mode hopping and non TEM00 dot.
OK then, just don't burn matches that close to your laser, ever. I learned that the hard way, you know.

Learn from mistakes, but not your own. Other people's mistakes :)

How's your new laser?

OK then, just don't burn matches that close to your laser, ever. I learned that the hard way, you know.

Learn from mistakes, but not your own. Other people's mistakes :)

How's your new laser?

Like I said, I have returned my laser for a refund so I do not have this laser anymore.

Great review - Thanks.
From other reviews on the forum I have the feeling that Jetlasers sell very good lasers, but what happened to your laser? How is it possible, that there is suddenly mode-hopping? Is it only while warming up, or all the time? Did you respect the duty-cycle?
I'm very sorry for you:yabbem:

Great review - Thanks.
From other reviews on the forum I have the feeling that Jetlasers sell very good lasers, but what happened to your laser? How is it possible, that there is suddenly mode-hopping? Is it only while warming up, or all the time? Did you respect the duty-cycle?
I'm very sorry for you:yabbem:

I did respect the duty cycle, but for some reason it was constantly mode hopping and wasn't really close to TEM00.