Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

JETLASERS 1.4W 465nm Mini

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Cel, I really like that photo too; I've actually got two other sizes of J/L's that I should add to my Jetlasers size comparison shot.
On the smaller side, I've got a "Ti" pen size 638nm, and falling in between the Mini and the PL-E 532nm, there is my "PL-E 445nm".
When you throw the 10X B.E. on the PL-E, it becomes a real handful! :D

BTW - If anyone has a Jetlasers "Ti-A" that they would be willing to sell, just let me know. :)

Just looked over your OP again as it was edited tonight. I see you have quite a few of Jetlasers builds in your sig. This one looks very well built and I can only conclude by your repeated business with them that you are satisfied. I am looking forward to some more beam shots if you still plan on doing that. Very good review.

EXCELLANT JOB.

Please send your BE to me-I have one here NIB to swap..I will peek at it to be sure its perfect.

I am working ATM on a review and between the two already posted I wont have much 'unwritten' stuff to share.
I will check the power output w/ & w/o the BE. oh yeah... it makes ~17 mW using a single 18650.
More in my review..
and pics w/ half dozen other 'blues'

Len

+166 when I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Not sure how I missed this review. Thanks. Great picks. I have the 532 model and agree about the battery tube. Going to end up wrecking a cell if I don't take extra caution there.
I never heard back from Grey about the new mini 10x BE. Can you converge the beam from the BE. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with mine. Mine won't adjust past slightly diverging. Doesn't seem to matter what I do with the hosts focus with regards to the BE.

hmmm.. don't like that much..
The one I have here can focus the sweet spot (converged) easily. and both the focus on laser and the BE make a difference... going to meter now..BRB..

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Not sure how I missed this review. Thanks. Great picks. I have the 532 model and agree about the battery tube. Going to end up wrecking a cell if I don't take extra caution there.
I never heard back from Grey about the new mini 10x BE. Can you converge the beam from the BE. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with mine. Mine won't adjust past slightly diverging. Doesn't seem to matter what I do with the hosts focus with regards to the BE.

Thanks dden, yeah, a few extra mm's on the length of the battery tube would help a bunch.
I can see someone cranking that tailcap down on some 18350 cells that are extra long, and doing some damage to the batteies or the laser itself. :(

I think my BE would converge, I'll have to re-check tonight when I get home.

So nice Bowtie
I need to get me a J/L soon. I would +rep but I guess I've repped you too much already :crackup:

445nm 598mw trustfire mini. thanks Raz.
445nm 1000mw Sky-Laser handheld (soon)
450nm 1690mW c6 pltb450b build
520nm 188mw Scifi lasers.
532nm 50mw(38mw) Lazerer
532nm 101mw Streamlight stylus Pro (thanks Pman)
532nm 92mw River Rock Pman build
638nm 531mw Oclaro C6
650nm 121mw Wicked laser P125
650nm 186mW Rayfoss 14500 host
650nm 230mw Pman build!! Might be my Favorite.

Hyperion cuprum LPM

)))))))))))))))

that is way too many w/o a JL in the mix..
Actually your Sky is what JL started with modify into a JL PL-C. (no longer being made)

PM me for a list of JL PL-Es I have here in Tx ready to ship.
note the 1W 520 Pro PE is sold pending payment.
Prices from me are the same as JL.org but to CONUS we offer free $hip.

have a great 4th=hk

Hi BT,
Nice unit enjoy it the BE is awesome at 10X great review buddy. It seems that DHL is the way to go for delivery, I use them myself to ship over sea to .

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It definitely seems like DHL's delivery times are the quickest when shipping packages overseas, or receiving them from overseas.
I have received a few packages from DHL that looked like they had been tossed around and run over a few times, but everything inside has always been undamaged upon opening! :yh:

Thanks dden, yeah, a few extra mm's on the length of the battery tube would help a bunch.
I can see someone cranking that tailcap down on some 18350 cells that are extra long, and doing some damage to the batteies or the laser itself. :(

I think my BE would converge, I'll have to re-check tonight when I get home.

When you get a moment could you check for me. Thanks.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi dden, sorry, I haven't got back to you on your question. I just popped a couple AW 16340's in my mini to check for you and they died, they're on the charger now.
Scared me at first when the beam slowly kept getting dimmer and then died, I thought it might be the diode, but after checking the cells, I found them at 3V each.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, I'm assuming that you want to see if the beam of the BE converges from a certain diameter at close distance with the BE on, to a smaller beam diameter at a farther distance with the BE still on.

I'm probably going to have to finish checking this tomorrow, since I've unfortunately got to work early, even though it's Sunday; 4:30 a.m. comes too darn early.

Question, how much adjustment do you have on your expander, how far does it rotate?

Hi dden, sorry, I haven't got back to you on your question. I just popped a couple AW 16340's in my mini to check for you and they died, they're on the charger now.
Scared me at first when the beam slowly kept getting dimmer and then died, I thought it might be the diode, but after checking the cells, I found them at 3V each.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, I'm assuming that you want to see if the beam of the BE converges from a certain diameter at close distance with the BE on, to a smaller beam diameter at a farther distance with the BE still on.

I'm probably going to have to finish checking this tomorrow, since I've unfortunately got to work early, even though it's Sunday; 4:30 a.m. comes too darn early.

Question, how much adjustment do you have on your expander, how far does it rotate?

I get 13.5 revolutions from stopper to stopper on the BE. 4 revolutions on the host. Adjusting the focus of the host without the BE on, it can converge or diverge the beam like any other handheld. So setting the host focus to infinity and attaching the BE I attempted to converge the beam coming out of the BE, to a point down range. But the BE focus ring hits it's stop before getting to infinity focus.
Out of the BE @ 0' beam is ~20mm @ 2m beam is ~30mm. That's at the limit of the adjustment ring on the BE.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Well, it seems my 465nm is set up a bit different than your 532nm, hopefully, purposely from J/L. :)
My laser focus adjuster only has approximately 3/4 of a full turn for it's complete adjustment range; in use, this seems to work just fine, although more turns might give a finer feel for getting the focus just right.

My 10X B.E. is like yours, in that it has 13.5 turns from stop to stop.

With the B.E. on, and the laser focus set to infinity, these are the beam diameter results that I came up with:

@ 0' (0M) = 23mm
@ 6' (2M) = 17mm
@ 9' (3M) = 13mm (10mm x 4mm w/o B.E.)
@ 12' (4M) = 11mm
@ 21' (7M) = 7mm
@ 30' (9M) = 6mm (25mm x 8mm w/o B.E.)
@ 50' (15M) = 8mm

In my case, with the B.E. installed, the beam diameter continues to get smaller up to approx. 9M, and then starts to grow again.

Without the B.E., the spot will obviously continue to get larger as the distances increase.

It looks like after about 3~4 meters, you will get a smaller size with the B.E. in place.

I'm sure my results may differ from yours partly because of the difference in beam size and quality between your 532nm and my 465nm multi mode.
Without the B.E. installed, I'm getting the traditional rectangular output that multi modes produce; with the B.E. in place, I get a nice round beam and dot, which suggests to me that with the larger beam diameter that the 465nm produces, the B.E. is clipping the beam.
I haven't done any LPM checking to see if there is much difference at a specified distance with and without the B.E. being used.

Hopefully some of this information is helpful! :yh:

Your results agree with the other JL I have in the full size model. It's a 1w 650nm laser. Lots of clipping with the BE on but a nice round spot. I think it's safe to assume that both 532 models react the same way with the beam expanders. We need a JL to Sanwu adapter for both the PL E pro and PL E mini. I appreciate your time BowtieGuy. Thank you.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You're welcome! :)
It shouldn't be too hard to turn one on the lathe; I'd make one up, but I don't have a Sanwu B.E. yet.