Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jayrob Stubby XM-L T6

Quick review on XM-L T6 Maglite stubby

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...ltage-monitor-parts-complete-light-59581.html

I've been looking for a while to make a "ray gun" with a laser or flashlight, so I decided to settle on this for now.

I had him build me a black stubby maglite with the 3 mode driver and the 32650 battery.

Like every other product I've gotten from him, this is very well done.

First time a received it from him there was a problem with the battery (apparently it was defective), so I sent it back and he replaced the battery and checked it out again.

ROUNDTRIP from me to jayrob and back was about a week. THAT IS exceptional.

This time it worked great. I can not believe the amount of light this thing puts out.
It is insane, you can close your eyes and still feel like it's burning through your eyelids if it's pointed at you.

The three modes work very well and like with all maglites, it feels very solid.

It is a nice short length and perfect for what I was doing, which involved adding an AR-15 LiteGrip and a strike cap and tail piece.

Two small things I noticed that could be labeled concerns:

First, the spring put excessive pressure on the battery in this build, maybe the maglite was a hair shorter or something. But it was tight enough that starting the threading on the tailcap was very difficult. I ended up compressing and cutting the tailcap spring to help with this. And it was worse with the Xcap tailpiece.

Second, the drop in module moves around slightly inside the head where the battery pushes against it. It sits just a little crooked in the maglite.
It seems to work fine this way, it just concerned me.

Otherwise, this is a perfect build.

Last edited:

Hmm I know its a quick review, but maybe it was so quick we missed it! :thinking: :)

Last edited:

ARG

I think someone accidently clicked the submit new thread button ;)

Sorry, about that.

And for some reason it won't let me post my pics on this???

Never had a problem before???

So, I changed my Avatar to a pic of it.

Weird!

Last edited: