Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Japanese car thread

Hehe Korean cars are cute. Blarg I see what you mean, having a high HP is great, but being able to lay them down and use them is where it counts. I've even seen people who've got launch control fitted to small engined cars. Just so they can get the most out of every start. Madness really.

Jap engines make that nice high revving noise. American cars of old have a rumble that nothing else sounds close too though. Different sounds, both equally pleasing. It's much like comparing the noise of a Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki to a Ducc or maybe to a cruiser like a Harley. The noise types are different. Both glorious music to my ears though :beer:

GSS

As long as there is hp involved, your right every size or kind of engine makes its own unique sweet sound. Listen to a nascar motor or a indy car revving at 13000 rpm music. Loving all cars for what they are im biased to a Big Block american V8 with a true dual exhausts just at idle they make a sweet burble sound.Joker, Aardvark we have talked about amazeing advances in engine mangement and metals but what about how far tires have come with putting all this power to the ground:beer:

I've got myself a 1983 Toyota Celica GT! Can't post a picture.. But i love her!!

I'll take my 454c.i. Chevrolet Big Block sitting in my 72 Chevelle any day. I planted a tree, so clearly I've offset my emissions right?

Pman

Love the RX pics.
When I was young I read every car mag out there and especially remember when the Buick Regal Grand National was tested and drool got all over the colleges car magazine. Used to go between classes and read mags like that for free including all the motorcycle ones.
When I was growing up my father owned 2 motorcycle shops he built from scratch. One was mainly Suzuki, BMW, Triumph, Indian if I remember correctly and the other was Honda. It all fell through after many years when he allowed his many brothers into the business and there became so much infighting everything fell apart. Jealousy is serious business. They say one of the worst businesses you can get into is a family business.
Everything fell apart before I was old enough to have a license.
I've been in a lot of cars but my favorite has been my fathers 2005 SC430. I realize many people don't like it as it's way more of a GT than a sports car and was built when Lexus was more Lexus than high performance so the car is very plush with little communication. My wife and I are short and we just fit into the vehicle so well. It's hard to explain. It feels like driving cocooned butter with wonderful leather just wrapped around us even with the top down.
Hard core drivers wouldn't like it at all but sometimes you find a car/truck/cycle that is just you and who cares what others think. We got to drive it the entirety of last summer. It's in my sisters garage and she never drives it with the top down which is an absolute shame. My mother won't sit in it with the top down either. Drives me nuts but the car is almost 4 hours away so at least I don't see it. Has every option available. Was almost $70000. Still have the window sticker. I think it only has around 45,000 miles on it. Looks and drives like new. It's a shame they don't come out with a new one (although I'm sure if they did it would be a drivers car now).

Last edited:

GSS

That Gran National came out just when we thought fast cars were a thing of the past. remember how bleak an pathatic the V8s had become. The Gran National, Mustang, newly designed Corvette gave us a whole new and better start to performance. Pman everyone has their favorites and preferences. As exciting and fast a vette or muscle car can be I need that cushy total isolation feel of the road that these luxury cars give alot of the times So I know where your coming from. Its not a Lexus but I would love to get a 1976 Electra Park Ave some day. The last year when cars were huge.

Last edited:

APEX1

I'll stick with my twinturbo duramax! This thread has potential if people actually have nice jap cars! I'd love to see a real gtr or r34 get posted here :)

Had a GTR come past me the other week when I was doing passes under a local bridge in the Type R. He GTR guy loved it, he thrashed me of course. I got a video of him purring along under the bridge too :D