Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

itunes - help syncing photos. How to stop "optimization" ???

My phone's camera is really nice... 5mp camera, it takes 2592 x 1944 pictures, however, when I transfer them to my ipod touch it "optimizes" the pictures when syncing, and makes them 640 x 480 resolution.. it's terrible!

Does anyone know a work-around for this?

to be honest i hate apple products b/c the way they program stuff you can only do what they want you to. its called being "proprietary". why do you think you can only add music to your ipod with itunes... and you can only sync to 1 computer at the time otherwise you have to format the hdd of your device... sometimes there are workarounds but its just easier to buy something else and say "F*CK APPLE!"

Last edited:
ipods do have good HD sizes though

i used to have a 80gig video
but i dropped it once and i dieded

i was bummed

apple sux. ill never own an apple product by choice... theyre too proprietary.

I love my iPhone, but iTunes is the most rubbish piece of software ever.

Things

Agree'd, iTunes sucks!

If you have a iTouch/iPhone, you can try FTP'ing onto it and uploading stuff manually.

What annoys me about Apple, is they are always looking for that bit of extra money, like when the put the ID chips into the video cable, and charge $60 for a fucken peice of wire with their special chip in it!

iTunes does not suck. It may suck in unison with other apple products, but for simply playing music, accept no substitutes. It has by far THE BEST layout and organization.

i really do hate apple, but i really love my ipod touch.

let me straighten this out..
if there were no 3rd party apps/hacks and it only came with the stocks apple apps, I would not like it..

I wanted one because there was so many hacks for it, and it's an incredibly fast device. I just wanted to hack it and use it to it's fullest potential.
Since this is the most popular device out there, developers and companies chose the ipod touch as a device to focus on.
Yes I did consider a psp, cause you can hack those quite a bit as well, but I really wanted the multitouch and accelerometer.
If the ZuneHD had been out as long as the ipod touch and had just as many hackers doing stuff to it and apps to download, i may have got that. Only thing I hate about the zune HD is it has a smaller width screen, this REAAALLY takes a toll when trying to type.

Now 99.9% of the problems I've had so far were not with the ipod touch, but with itunes.. just like in this case.

ALL-IN-ALL apple makes it the iphone/ipod touch bad, hackers make it GOOD

Last edited:
What I hate beyond all else is iTunes locking into the iPod touch and iPhone, it renders Songbird and WMP useless (both are better players, faster and more stable). Yet still I am forced into using a slow, proprietary, ugly hack of a player because of my iPhone (yet on the whole I don't regret it because:

It was cheap
Plenty of apps
Seamlessness connection to Google Mail/Calendar
I *hate* blackberries

Other than this I'd have a G1.

As for the pics, I'll ask my friend, he has a touch which he uses for exhibiting his photography, and it is definitely at much more than the native resolution of the device...

As for the pics, I'll ask my friend, he has a touch which he uses for exhibiting his photography, and it is definitely at much more than the native resolution of the device...

thank you very much! I'd really appreciate that!:):):)

I hate my iPhone 3G. It's a peice of junk. there's always something going wrong, either the thing won't start, or apps are crashing or something. iTunes just plain sucks and honestly Apple must make be deliberatly making their products so they scratch everytime you touch them. Frankly I will never buy another product from Apple and the second my contract runs out I am gonna throw my iPhone out the 20th floor window of my friend's apartment and watch it smash into a million pieces on the concrete below.

I agree with you 100% on that, I purchased the 3G and its always had its fair share of problems. The camera would never load, then the touch screen would freeze for days even with trying to reboot it, the email on mine doesn't load, and to top it all off... iTunes always has some bs loading error that won't let me sync my iPhone.

~Jeremy

P.S, it won't smash into a million pieces you know, a little hologram of Steve Jobs will pop out and he'll be wiping himself with the extra money he made on the over priced nature of the phone when it first came out. :p