Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

its my first post and first project, Need Help!

Hey Guys, My name is Kai
Im new to laser, but Im really interesting in it.And Im planning to build a simple powerful laser hehe :p
I just want ask you guys for please check my list and see if there's anything wrong or can be improve!
here is what im going to buy soon

The diode:405nm PHR-803T Blu Ray Diode in Aixiz Laser Module Housing (from high teck dealz)
Can anyone please tell me how much power will I have if I put it at 120ma?
and will it be able to burn stuff like quickly? lol I want this because it's blue, its cooler lol

The driver: rkcstr adjustable driver (from stone tek)
I know its adjustable so i could set the current, but is it like use a screw driver to change the current? because it looks like it on the picture, and how would I know what the current is? it didnt show anything, or should I use the mutlimeter?
I think thats all I need, because its goin to be my first laser project ever, im quite nervous (coz the $$$ is a bit.....) but im also very excited. !

well I have another question, I wanna use a 9V battery, and im wondering will it be enough to power it up and be able to "burn stuff"? lol
Also I think it will be "very easy" to put those things together right? just solder the diode to the driver with + to + and - to -then just plug in with a power souce, I think it's right, if there's anything wrong please let me know
I know you guys are awesome and very professional
so please HELPPPP me, or if you could give me any information or any suggestion like which part is better somethin like that, I will bee soo appreciate you, Thanks guys
Best regards, cant wait to hear from you guys!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Last edited:
Thanks Jerry
but I have read almost everything on this site already, it took me about 2 days to figure out the basic concept to build a laser, but I still have many questions, so please be kindly, i really need you guys' help!!

since it's adjustable, your going to need a test load...you can make your own or buy one from rkcstr at http://rkcstr.nfshost.com, you hook it up to your driver and measure the current across the 1ohm resistor where 1mV = 1mA, so you'll want it to read as 120mV on the multimeter.

A 9v will work, for a blu-ray and a rkcstr driver, you can use any voltage 7.25v-12v

Thanks Jerry
but I have read almost everything on this site already, it took me about 2 days to figure out the basic concept to build a laser, but I still have many questions, so please be kindly, i really need you guys' help!!

Hey superkai...

that's great... you started in the right direction... there is a lot
of Laser Related info on LPF... and it's all free...:yh:

Have you thought about Laser Saftey Goggles....:whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:
Make sure to read "SPYDERZ TIPS FOR BEGINNERS" it's FULL of info. for a 1st time builder. Use the search button!!!!!!! rob

Thanks everyone, I just read the "SPYDERZ TIPS FOR BEGINNERS", and I have just placed my orders too, cant wait.....ehhh haha !!

Nah... it comes naturally...:whistle:

And it is good for new members to know... :rolleyes:

Jerry