Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Its here! Beam pics added. PLE-Pro 532

Re: Its here! Beam pics added. PLE-Pro 1W

That are some good looking beamshots you have there. Awesome! A question about the LEDs on there. Do they all light up as soon as you power the laser on, or do they each indicate a different action. Like arming the laser lights up one LED, then powering it on lights up another etc?

They seem to be battery level indicators. And thanks I'm glad you like the pics !

gozert

They seem to be battery level indicators. And thanks I'm glad you like the pics !

Oh that's actually really useful. Does yours have a thread to mount it on a tripod with too? Also, any plans to make a couple beamshots with the beam expander attached?

Oh that's actually really useful. Does yours have a thread to mount it on a tripod with too? Also, any plans to make a couple beamshots with the beam expander attached?

Yes it's got the threads for a tripod mount. I will take some more pics with the B.E. when I get some larger tripods. It wasn't safe using the little ones and the expander would have just made it even less stable due to more weight. I took a couple with it last night but they are blurry and the battery was running low so it was pretty dim. I want to take some shots with a few different greens to show the differences. I'm back to my work week so hopefully next Monday I'll can do some more photographing.

Pman

Very nice unit. I don't think you are going to see any real difference in output so it seems like a waste to bother with adding a modified battery section. I would guess that most of my more significant units with greater amp draw would benefit with no voltage drop and could be easily proven using a separate power supply but it would have to prove very significant (visibly) for me to even consider.
I would try a lower capacity battery rated at a much higher amp draw rating. I have 6 Samsung 25R cells that I've tried with some phlatlights that drop less voltage than any of my Panasonic or Sanyo ones. Buy a couple of those cells and see what happens. If nothing else, you get a couple of powerful batteries that you can test all your units with for max output.
Thanks for sharing;)

Last edited:

Jstr

Awesome, congrats! This is one I hope to add to my collection soon.

Encap

Re: Its here! Best morning ever!

Just one 18650. It weighs a ton. I was shocked how heavy the front half is.

Run it with 1 high quality 26650 --- more than one battery will be too much voltage for the driver and cause it to fail.

JetLasers provided a couple of different styles of battery tube at one point--they had not settled on any one pattern---the standard pattern and a diamond pattern etc--if that is what your extra "extensions" are----- 532nm JetLasers can only use 1 battery-----the 445's uses 2

Last edited:
Re: Its here! Best morning ever!

Run it with 1 high quality 26650 --- more than one battery will be too much voltage for the driver and cause it to fail.

JetLasers provided a couple of different style of battery tube at one point---the standard pattern and a diamond pattern etc--if that is what your extra "extensions" are--- 535nm can only use 1 battery-----the 445's ues 2

Yeah that's what I have. The diamond pattern and the other ones. I have no plans on trying more than one battery I was just curious why it came with the extra tubes.
Ill order some 26650 batteries, thanks for the tip.
Cheers
Jeff

I can see a marked difference in output between a freshly charged battery and one only down 3 tenths of a volt. The laser likes to be up at 4.2 VDC for full output, but none of the batteries I have will hold, that, they all drop down a couple of tenths when transmitting.

That's a nice laser and cool beam shots! I'm trying to decide between getting the 800mw and this one, how is the stability, peak, average mw.

Pman

I can try a King Kong 26650 vs. A 25R test and see which drops more voltage for you. Both cells are new. Is the 26650 adapter a lot wider than the unit or is the units wall very thick and if it was thinner a 26650 would fit OR does it come with an adapter sleeve so you can use an 18650 but is already bored for a 26650?
That beam expander looks really good on that unit. The 2x and 5x Dragon ones I have are so plain in comparison. That first pic makes it almost look like a portable rocket launcher with the one side of the clamp angled down;)

Last edited:
nice laser we should all get invited to nwfreeflys backyard so we can play some.

That's a nice laser and cool beam shots! I'm trying to decide between getting the 800mw and this one, how is the stability, peak, average mw.
Ill do some testing on my LPM tonight. I charged all my good 18650's/ 2 x Sanyos, 2 x Nitecores, 2 x Panasonics, all 3400mAh. So far the Panasoncis are the best specs out of them all. And they're bad ass lime green!!!! I'm one of those nerds that is excited by batteries. lol

I can try a King Kong 26650 vs. A 25R test and see which drops more voltage for you. Both cells are new. Is the 26650 adapter a lot wider than the unit or is the units wall very thick and if it was thinner a 26650 would fit OR does it come with an adapter sleeve so you can use an 18650 but is already bored for a 26650?
That beam expander looks really good on that unit. The 2x and 5x Dragon ones I have are so plain in comparison. That first pic makes it almost look like a portable rocket launcher with the one side of the clamp angled down;)
That would be super rad of you Pman and yes the PLE PRO has a sleeve for the 18650. The inner diameter of the tube is quite wide. I love how this laser looks with the b.e. too. Reminds me of the Saturn 5 rockets from the Gemini missions.

nice laser we should all get invited to nwfreeflys backyard so we can play some.
You guys are always welcome! It would be cool to do some type of LPF night time laser fun gathering.I was going to organize something like that at Burning Man this year but wasn't able to secure a ticket. Lasers got banned this year anyways.

Last edited:

Pman

I ran the test using 2 batteries of each kind one at a time on a PT54 (red).
Amps were read on a Fluke 381 and volts on a Fluke 87V.

Samsung 18650 25R average was 12.6A at 3.81V (this is higher than any other 18650 I have whether it be the Panasonic or new Sanyo cells).
KingKong 26650 average was 12.6A at 3.69V.
Samsung is better as I expected but are also rated as 2500mAh while the Kings are 4000mAh. I don't have any other brand of 26650 cells I can test and have never looked to see if they make any that can handle really high amp draws.