Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Its electric

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Wow that initial explosion almost looked like it got hit with an anti tank missile or something. Reminds me of videos of Russian tanks getting hit and cooking off in Ukraine.

Wow that initial explosion almost looked like it got hit with an anti tank missile or something. Reminds me of videos of Russian tanks getting hit and cooking off in Ukraine.
Yes looks like amour piercing incendiary contact . Sure lets go electric right.. ill take fossil fuel any day.
Rich:)

Wow, that was shocking......I hope nobody was on that thing, because it went up quick......lightning fast even.

Wow, that was shocking......I hope nobody was on that thing, because it went up quick......lightning fast even.
Look at all the sparks flying from the lithium that is super hot stuff , mixed in with the aluminum bus roof. What a combination of combustion . Deadly..
Rich:)

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
That's really scary, there would have been no chance for any passengers to get out if that had happened on the highway.

When I was a kid my dad's car was destroyed in a fire. It was a 1989 Toyota Cressida, we had just parked and were getting out when he noticed smoke coming out from under the hood. The fire was no where near that fast or aggressive though. You'd have easily had a couple minutes to bail out. Even when the fire department arrived more than 5 minutes later the fire was still mostly contained to the engine compartment. No one was hurt and the fire luckily didn't spread to anything else, we still have no idea why it caught fire like that though.

LOL, look at all the spent fire extinguishers on the ground.

There are quit a few extinguisher there really trying to put out a huge blaze with them.
You just cant trust those Trustfire or Ultrafire batteries Chinese knock offs (n)

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Batteries have always been the weak link for electric vehicles. Li-ion stores quite a bit of power but the higher performance versions (with a high concentration of cobalt oxide) are essentially made of fancy thermite. The lithium ions really want to get those oxygen atoms away from the cobalt. Charged or not, once one of these batteries gets above a certain temperature--poof!

All that being said, I'm pretty certain my next car will be an EV. The batteries are improving, and there are some being demonstrated that are a LOT better.

kecked

Too bad they didn’t move the other buses away! Bet in the end batteries are removed from busses to some charging location after this. You can’t put such a fire out with water. You need sand.