Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

It's done...

Moptsp

I just ordered a RPL-260 from Optotronics.... :D
I can't wait.

Wow, when I mention my purchase to my mom (I'm 18, but still live "home" xD), shes going to possibly freak. She thought ~$150 for my last laser in Glenn's group buy was a lot lol. Though I guess I'm not alone, a lot of you have to do it to your wife lol!
(No, I'm not comparing my mom to a wife in ANY way. :O)

I can't wait.

Wow, when I mention my purchase to my mom (I'm 18, but still live "home" xD), shes going to possibly freak. She thought ~$150 for my last laser in Glenn's group buy was a lot lol. Though I guess I'm not alone, a lot of you have to do it to your wife lol!
(No, I'm not comparing my mom to a wife in ANY way. :O)

Next time ask her how much the receipt for her last purse shows.

Trust me i know what you mean, i'm still paying for my college but that didn't stop me
from dropping $900 on Casio's projector! That was a fun conversation :crackup:

Moptsp

I thought it might be a stupid question lol. Thanks! Jack said he would probably ship it on Thursday. He would ship it tomorrow, but he said he has a lot of orders. I should have it by Saturday (if I'm lucky), or Monday (More reasonable), he said. I may see if I can review it. I don't have a power meter though, but I'm not worried with it being under spec!

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Kevlar

I can't wait.

Congratulations on your new laser. I love optotronics, I WISH I could afford that one :drool: Thats one sweet laser.

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Of course you would, but you should probably properly introduce yourself in your own welcome thread. Open one here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f37/
Hijacking someone else thread isn't considered polite forum etiquette ;)

RE Donnaj: It's spam posting, report and ignore it. Probably some SEO link-building bot/tactic (the link in the signature).

Last edited:

jbtm

Not alone with the parents, also 18 in the same case. I been spending like 200-300 a month for past 3 months, and this month I total 600 dollars due to 2 blue lasers (arctic + jays host + $50 diode) couple $30 spends, some electronic parts and 2 NEMA 23 steppers...Boy will the day she reads my monthly spends come in the mail comes, I'll enjoy that day :D

Nice job on the purchase!

You chose a good laser to spend your money on! If your mom freaks just tell her you could be buying worse things.

I remember when I was 12 and I told my parents I was interested in the $370 Nexus from WL and they thought I was crazy. :D Now I'm gonna be 18 soon and I have laser stuff coming in the mail almost daily and they don't even ask questions...lol.

Moptsp

Haha, thanks guys. Well I just broke the news to my mom. Was not easy, and she took it about like I thought she would xD. She didn't really think I was crazy "out loud", but probably did think it. Though she thought the price was crazy. It is a lot, but quality DPSS lasers are not cheap. Of course she then began to ask me on how likely it is that Optotronics is legit and I wouldn't lose my money. I obviously said everyone here says it's one of the best (if not the best?), and I have talked to Jack quite a bit over the past 3 days. Hes honest and helpful. So I'm not too worried about that.

Plus it's not like I DID go crazy and spend all my money lol. I could have gotten a RPL-400, but I wanted to go a bit easier than that. I may would have a problem with that purchase, and if I did, god would my mom feel the same times a thousand. :D

Last edited:

jbtm

You chose a good laser to spend your money on! If your mom freaks just tell her you could be buying worse things.

I remember when I was 12 and I told my parents I was interested in the $370 Nexus from WL and they thought I was crazy. :D Now I'm gonna be 18 soon and I have laser stuff coming in the mail almost daily and they don't even ask questions...lol.

I already do spend my money on worse things, to them at least, tesla coils and large capacitor banks :)

Optotronics and LaserGlow carry some of the best DPSS green handhelds you can buy

Like my mother told me when I was younger, "If you can afford to blow money on hobbies like this, then you can afford to move out!".

Now as I'm older, I fully understand her line of reasoning and whole heatedly agree with it.