Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this the most powerful handheld? (fiber coupled 1000w)

Okay, this is the company I was thinking of.

They do have a portable backpack unit, but it's only 20W. They use it for blasting soot/acid rain gunk off of marble buildings etc. during restorations, besides all the industrial applications.

http://lasercleanall.com/products.html

Last edited:

oic0

I see a cable ... I don't think it's very "handheld" :D

Oh its handheld, just not portable ;)
What I meant is the more powerful lasers are usually C02 and stuck to a table. Even the Nd:YAG lasers usually just feed in some computer controlled cutting head. This is the most powerful thing Ive seen that leaves the user in control with a hand held thing.
I had a fellow ask me if it was possible to have a really powerful laser to replace a plasma cutter. I knew there was nothing out there handheld like he wanted, but I looked anyway and saw this. 1000watts in the palm of your hand isn't far from what he was looking for! (though far outside his price range!)

I see a cable ... I don't think it's very "handheld" :D

And the cable attaches to..

CL1000Qweb.jpg

:D

I still want one..

Wooops! That thing should cost you the remaining eye, and a blind man doesn't enjoy playing with lasers :crackup:

Wooops! That thing should cost you the remaining eye, and a blind man doesn't enjoy playing with lasers :crackup:

oh rly?
Surely even a blind man can find some kind of enjoyment out of lasers.
Even just to listen to a CO2 laser hum...and smell it's destruction.

Can one not learn to love the smell of matches and burning electrical tape?

I'm going to shut up and go away now......

oh rly?

I don't know about blind men, but do know about blind girls, I have a video tape of my wife being audance scanned at 2010 SELEM and you can see her enjoying the lasers, It's the only light she can see, she was quite the hit at this event.

So she isn't totally blind, I guess. But curious thing she can only see laser light. She should be able to see high power light, like vehicle lights or so...

ped

oh rly?

Thats why farts smell, so the deaf can appreciate them too :)

I bet thats gonna need a little more than a flexdrive :D

DJNY

I can´t see it popping a balloon, so it isn´t THAT strong :tsk:

oic0

All this talk of deaf and blind etc... yall made me listen to that video. That thing sounds like a tesla coil!

So she isn't totally blind, I guess. But curious thing she can only see laser light. She should be able to see high power light, like vehicle lights or so...

Most of the blind community in the U.S.A. "11 MILLION" Have some sort of light perseption. to be leagally blind all you need to be is 20/200 in eye sight to be considerd blind. Look her up on the enternet her name is "Karla Rivas" you might have all ready herd about her, she is famous in the blind community and also feachered in the news in Hawii GOOGLE "blind tourest can't swim with dolphines" maybe this link will work:Blind Tourist Can't Swim With Dolphins - Orlando News Story - WESH < I don't have much luck at linking any thing and yes she can see bright headlights if she is up close and has her head turnd side ways to use the small amount of pereferial vision she dose have but putting your face up as close as possable to see a bright white light versas setting in the audiance a 100' from the projection source is a big diferance most of the headlight action she get to see is when drivers don't give her the right of way when using a cross walk and don't giver any safety room regardless of the giude dog and or red tipped cane, She has been hit ounce and the driver said" she should be arrested being blind and running around like that loose" He got multipel tickets, insurance claim and a civil law suit against him. I wonder if he still thinks shes crazy!

Last edited:
I know this is off topic, but better than the main one:

If you tell truth: I would give my life away if someone like she could love me. But I am also a laserist, and have no life to give away; and I am scared to be buried with my lasers in a total darkness...

No offence, we are off topic. ;)

@Tech Junkie, Thanks man, that was pretty cool of you to do, AEWSUME MAN!
@magonegro, yes it's all true and even more than you could ever know, My name is Emory Parker and is menchend on the news with my wife, Thanks for your kind words she is the catch of a life time, Like winning the power ball!
On topic> I have been looking for the link on the militarys new weapons grade diode laser arry that modern marvels did on weird wepons so to post it.
It is a new laser system that puts out a 4" square beam line at 50,000 KW. I will keep looking and repost when found.
I could not fide anything on it, I will tape the next showing and post if this thread is still alive then.

Last edited: