Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this meter a deal

ped

Product Description

Scientech 36-5002T2 Model 365 Power & Energy Meter Used with Scientech 380101 Laser Power Sensor 2 1/2"
Sensor cable not included
50-60 Hz only
5 amps

Walk Away.

HIMNL9

The problem is not the cable, but the sensor ..... if that meter was including a reading head, it was a deal, but without it, you need to buy a compatible head somewhere, and usually they are around others 100 or 150 $, if found used ..... also, for used ones, you need to check the reading surface very careuly .....

As example: this one looks good, at first sight (2501 is a 10W head, with a 1mW resolution), but seeing the reading surface, you can see that is not just "used" as stated, but also a bit "abused" :p :D ..... and sold as "untested" ..... (am i the only one that feel it smelling fishy ? :p)

11614-3.JPG

other units like this one, are usually only helpful for high powers (like 100 or 150W), but not sensitive enough for read milliwatts (360401, as example, as far as i remember is a 50W calorimeter that don't read under 150mW, and the one in the auction also have ruined reading surface) ..... and if they don't show you the reading surface, is also more suspects .....

As you see, sometimes the reading head cost more than the instrument .....

There are only 2 wires going to the 365's Thermopile Head...

From the pics on that seller's page... I can see the gray sensor cable
with a connector at the end... but I find it disconcerting that the included
sensor is not shown at all...

I would as the seller for a clear pic of the entire Rear of the meter
and 2 views of the Thermopile...including a pic of the sensors
surface...

This could be a good deal.....

Jerry

Ya Gotta love the help that comes out when one of us starts a thread like this one--where else does this happen??:worthy:

All four of guy guys a true assets to LPF.:gj:

my dos centavos!! ,,,,,<(*U*)>,,,,Len

Ya Gotta love the help that comes out when one of us starts a thread like this one--where else does this happen??:worthy:

All four of guy guys a true assets to LPF.:gj:

my dos centavos!! ,,,,,<(*U*)>,,,,Len

Hey Hak....things do run smoothly sometimes....:whistle:
You know.... the calm after the storm....;)

Jerry

The laserBee 2 seems to be the best deal for the money... <I'm so close to calling for one> you get the software and the calibration right out the gate. Not to mention Jerry is always a PM away from an answer to a question.

I'm always just short of the total needed for that unit. Christmas is comming and I can tell you the in the grand scheme of things when you tell them you want a lasermeter you get looks like your naked. I'm on my own on this one.

Jerry, you have any slightly used demo laserbee2's laying around? PM me

I wish I had... but we haven't got any returns of the
LaserBee II...
I had a used LaserBee I and LaserBee II a few months
ago that we sold to members as a prototype....

I'm not saying that I'm not ecstatic that all the LaserBee's
we sold are still going strong. I'm just happy I didn't hire
someone to handle the returns...:cool:

Jerry