Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is O-like Down for anyone other than me?

50Cows

I ordered a 50mw Green laser from O-like about 8-9 buissness days ago and it seems that when Hurricane Sandy hit the east coast, O-like.com has been down for me ever sence. I really am starting to get a bit anxious over the company being in a different country than me, therefore not having a very good capability to ensure my laser arrives to me. Second, I am also getting worried that I'll miss something important and my laser will have complications that i cannot know of and it would never arrive.

TL;DR: Is O-like down for everyone or just me? I used multiple websites to find out if O-like is down or not and half say yes it is down, and the other half say it is just me and that it is up.

No worries you will get your laser and o-like willl be up soon , they are not lame or fake.

Nimoxp

I just made an order from 0-like yesterday. A red 250mW waterproof laser. The site seems to be up and down. When the site did open once yesterday, thats when i made my order. I hit refresh every once in awhile and sometimes it will pop up...but mostly it's not really up right now.

Last edited:

Onryo

Just ordered 8 405/450nm M9 lens from them. The site seems fine.

50Cows

Well I Finally got on the website today, and will send them an e-mail soon.
I bought it on 10/20 and over 10 business days later and just about 2 weeks I haven't got anything. (currently 11/2)
I will update later when the expected timeframe is up for processing.

O-like:

-Up to two weeks for order processing and two to three weeks for delivery to US and Europe.
-Typical delivery timeframe from order to delivery is two to four weeks. Same as lazerer, expect delays during the holiday season.
-O-like does not have a clear policy on confiscations, although again, this has not been an issue.
-Official Company Policies: Link.

Nimoxp

Until now I have only bought from lazerer. I had decided to stop buying so many lasers so fast, but I decided I needed a powerful 650nm to truly finish my collection.

I decided to go with O-Like this time cause Lazerer lasers design for red lasers were kind of boring and I wanted to try something new.

So I ordered a 250mW 650nm, and paid for DCL. The freaking laser got here in Texas to my house in 4 business days. I was shocked as hell. I'm so used to waiting a month. Even when I pay for DCL at Lazerer it doesnt get here near that fast cause they have to process it for a week.

Anyway I'm really happy with O-like. I didn't think a package could get through customs so quickly. Very nice.

I will be doing a review of the laser once I mess around with it for a while.

^dude you got the lucky straw or something!
Thats the fastest shipping time ive ever heard of in my time of lasing.

Nimoxp

Really? I thought maybe o-like was that fast. I looked at the tracking and it didn't go through New York(Maybe cause the Hurricane?) and it didn't go to Chicago.

The only place my package went was to a place called CINCINNATI HUB, OH.
I don't even know if that is a customs. After one day there it came straight to my house.

I thought maybe this was normal with o-like. Huh. I'm curious now. DHL even called me today to ask if I'd be home to pick up, and I was surprised first that I got a phone call, and second that it was my laser.

Oh man. Id be so paranoid if i got a call from the shipping company. I would feel rather set-up haha.

Nimoxp

Ya know that did cross my mind lol. Especially because after the call (within the hour of the call) I saw a Cop car speeding down my street, which is something I almost never see.

However, the lady said that if I wouldn't be home, I could leave a note on my door giving the guy permission to leave the laser at my door. Because she said that, I didn't get paranoid. :)

Nimoxp

Holy crap I love O-like. I just ordered the sharp waterproof 1W 445nm and paid for DHL, and this time it got here in 3 freaking days! The freaking laser was in Hong Kong yesterday, now it's in my hand!(And it's the holidays here) My last order got to me in 4 days lol!! That is just incredible.Amazing! I love not waiting a month from Lazerer. The laser works perfect (though only had it one day) If you got the extra cash, $25 dollars for DHL is very worth it...especially if you are not patient like me.

I picked the same host cause I love this host. It's tiny(smaller then my hand) and waterproof which I need for my deep ocean Jet Sking (In case some thing were to go horribly wrong), and it feels well built.

Here are the two lasers together. They don't come with any stickers so I have to guess which one is which.
lasers.jpg

Here's the 1W Blue. Love how small it is, how well built it feels, etc.
laserhand.jpg

Here's a copy and paste of the delivery tracking! Just amazing!:p

Tuesday 11-20
13 Delivered - Signed for by : ----- SAN ANTONIO 12:44

12 With delivery courier SAN ANTONIO, TX - USA 09:59

11 Arrived at Delivery Facility in SAN ANTONIO - USA SAN ANTONIO, TX - USA 09:32

10 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:33

9 Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 04:47

8 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 04:47

7 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 00:44

Monday, November 19, 2012 Location Time
6 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 21:53

5 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 21:37

Sunday, November 18, 2012 Location Time
4 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 23:42

3 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 22:42

2 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 22:41

1 Shipment picked up HONG KONG - HONG KONG 18:51

Last edited:
Sounds like you're really just enjoying DHL more than O-like in particular. My Lasever laser arrived in 2 days via DHL; the shipping cost was $50. To Lasever's credit, when they were sending out a replacement laser for a defective one, they also sent it via DHL, and it arrived even before I sent back the defective laser (they reimbursed return shipping as well).

Nimoxp

Sounds like you're really just enjoying DHL more than O-like in particular. My Lasever laser arrived in 2 days via DHL; the shipping cost was $50. To Lasever's credit, when they were sending out a replacement laser for a defective one, they also sent it via DHL, and it arrived even before I sent back the defective laser (they reimbursed return shipping as well).

Are you speaking of Lazerer? If so then, Yeah I still love that place. Think it's the best with pretty much all lasers from them being up to 100mW over Spec. Also the Power certificate Max offers is just awesome.

The thing is I have ordered DHL with Lazerer and still had to wait a week or two for their processing stage. After that the laser zips here, but takes a different route for some reason then (what O-like) has shipped, and I never got a laser in 3 days.

O-like doesn't seem to have a processing time when using DHL. It's shipped basically the next day. With Lazerer there still is a processing time I have to wait for.

I'm also very impressed with O-like lasers. They may not be up to speck power wise, but the build quality is great,and their designs are also quite sleeker...if that matters to you at all which it may not.

Last edited:
DAMM !! 3 DAYS !! THATS FAST !! and im thinking that my laser arrived in 15 days was fast ^___^ lol ..........it was send by china post :)

Are you speaking of Lazerer? If so then, Yeah I still love that place. Think it's the best with pretty much all lasers from them being up to 100mW over Spec. Also the Power certificate Max offers is just awesome.

No, Lasever. They manufacture and sell their own lasers. I got a 500mW green laser from them some time ago. Fortunately, you can buy some of the modules from Jayrob directly to avoid some of the fees and have it arrive somewhat quicker.

I've heard Lazerer is decent too though. For those pointers, however, I usually just endure the long shipping since I having them in a timely manner isn't so important for me.

I'm also very impressed with O-like lasers. They may not be up to speck power wise, but the build quality is great,and their designs are also quite sleeker...if that matters to you at all which it may not.

O-like is okay, and were a lot better before. Lately they seem to have been dropping the ball on some customers, which is unfortunate since they had received a lot of community support for their service.

Nimoxp

No, Lasever. They manufacture and sell their own lasers. I got a 500mW green laser from them some time ago. Fortunately, you can buy some of the modules from Jayrob directly to avoid some of the fees and have it arrive somewhat quicker.

I've heard Lazerer is decent too though. For those pointers, however, I usually just endure the long shipping since I having them in a timely manner isn't so important for me.

O-like is okay, and were a lot better before. Lately they seem to have been dropping the ball on some customers, which is unfortunate since they had received a lot of community support for their service.

Oh, I haven't heard of that company. I'm still pretty new to this hobby and so far have only dealt with Laser Pointers-with host. I am not patient at all when I order online. When I buy something I want it now, so yeah that's something Important to me.

I see you have been doing this for much longer then me, so yeah that sounds pretty sucky that O-like Customer Service has declined after this forum has helped them so much.

Lazerer is just one of the best with customer service and products. I mean Max has done me well. Just take a look at my signature and see all my lasers from that guy. There was a 2 day delay once at Lazerer and Max sent me 10 sheets of free Flash Paper just for that 2 day delay . That's how to get customers.

However, at times I still see a post here and there where people are pissed at Max for one reason or another. It's really hit and miss sometimes with these companies.