Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is it worth it?

Ok lasers seem really fun and all but how long does the fun last? I do not want to spend money on something that i might not like in 2 weeks like a kid.

So basicly what do most of you do with your lasers besides burn stuff and take pictures?

Thank you,
Chandler

TROLL-BANK-GR1.jpeg

Buy a cheap green laser pointer and play around with. If you like, proceed. If not, stop.

To me, I love seeing a beam of light just going out into the night sky... As a big negative I've found girls in general hate lasers... as a positive, it is an incredible conversation piece for any outdoor event.

Ask yourself this question... why are you asking the question in the first place?

EDIT: @Lotus... squirrel is weird. Love the background though:)

Last edited:
Girls hate lasers? Hmm. Good to know. Unless they are geeks though, right?

Anyway, I just love the idea that it's a frickin' laser in your frickin' hand. I guess that's what's kept me addicted for four months and spend hundreds of dollars =p

The building/DIY aspect of it is the most joyful part for me. The different beams of light are a bonus :beer:

^^^Can't find it off hand, but there is a great thread about this subject somewhere on here.

Anyway, not just my own experience, but general consensus is that women don't like lasers. The ones that do are the exception.

I must be lucky. My girlfriend thinks it's cute that I'm into lasers and she likes beams of light :) , but she gets mad sometimes if I spend too much time on them :eek:

My ex was the same way. Always worried that I will burn myself, but found them "neat".

Well my friend has
100mW 532nm Half Steel Mid-Open Green Laser Pointer Pen - Tmart.com
and i was amazed because it was the first green laser i have ever seen. So maybe that counts as my cheap greenie expirence.

I wouldent mix my girls and ny lasers. And after trying a robot hooby (to much $$) i figured things like these dont do well with the girls anyways haha.

Thanks for the imput. I need to read some more and pick up a laser soon.

rhd

Ok lasers seem really fun and all but how long does the fun last? I do not want to spend money on something that i might not like in 2 weeks like a kid.

I WISH it was a little more like that ;)

I think the danger works in reverse. It's more of a drug addiction than it is a novelty you'll get bored of.

Every time I actually think about the amount of money I spent on lasers I want to :banghead:

And yet, here I am. Spending more money and time. For the moment I think quitting lasers will be harder for me than quitting smoking was.

^^^ Very true indeed! Lasers are one of many interests ( and addictions ) I have. Just wish I had unlimited funds to TRULY feed the need! :drool:

^^^Well... since we are dreaming... I would construct a custom laser using a 4x4 array of a140 diodes.... focused into 1 beam. Add in backpack battery, and burn:eg:

Another fun project would be to have my town declared a No Fly zone, so that I could have a series of lasers marking my property with lasers shining into the sky:)