Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is it normal?

I wonder if anyone has ever been done for shining one of those million candle power torches at a copper chopper? Or is it just lasers that are drawn to them like a magnet.....

Regards rog8811

Ace82

rog8811 said:
I wonder if anyone has ever been done for shining one of those million candle power torches at a copper chopper?  Or is it just lasers that are drawn to them like a magnet.....

Regards rog8811

Actually, an acquaintance of mine spent 3 months in jail for doing that, and that was many years ago, before green lasers where even around.

hahaha if i was spot lighted with a helicopter light i would want to return the annoying action with a giant spot light

rkcstr

pullbangdead said:
I have a friend who to this day has 3 crisp $100 bills hidden in his closet, wrapped in tinfoil so that "the government scanners can't pick them up" "in case he ever needs them".  He's sane, but his mother makes him do this, since she is still contributing somewhat to his college and graduate studies, he can't quite yet tell her to piss off.  In the dorms when we lived there together, he finally ran out of Y2K-stockpiled food that his mom had collected in 2004.  

There are just some people like that.

Yeah, there are, and they most likely have a psychological disorder with paranoia, such as a schizoid-type disorder (like schizoaffective) or mild schizophrenia.  You'd be surprised how common schizophrenia is... typical stats put it at 1% of general population; that's 1 in every hundred persons.  Take the typical American 4 person household (2 parents, 2 children), there's likely one person on your block or neighborhood!

rkcstr said:
Yeah, there are, and they most likely have a psychological disorder with paranoia, such as a schizoid-type disorder (like schizoaffective) or mild schizophrenia. You'd be surprised how common schizophrenia is... typical stats put it at 1% of general population; that's 1 in every hundred persons. Take the typical American 4 person household (2 parents, 2 children), there's likely one person on your block or neighborhood!

Not surprising, considering this hell hole society we live in.

And sk8nmidget, I'll bet the police choppers have Infrared cameras, so that 808nm would get you in just as much trouble.

Someone should get a really powerful whale harpoon gun, mount it on a truck, mount a half watt herc on that, then point at a police chopper. When they get close enough fire the harpoon through the cockpit and reel it in. That would teach 'em. ;D

Ace82

RA_pierce said:
[quote author=rkcstr link=1218899044/0#19 date=1219087554]
Yeah, there are, and they most likely have a psychological disorder with paranoia, such as a schizoid-type disorder (like schizoaffective) or mild schizophrenia.  You'd be surprised how common schizophrenia is... typical stats put it at 1% of general population; that's 1 in every hundred persons.  Take the typical American 4 person household (2 parents, 2 children), there's likely one person on your block or neighborhood!

Not surprising, considering this hell hole society we live in.

And sk8nmidget, I'll bet the police choppers have Infrared cameras, so that 808nm would get you in just as much trouble.

Someone should get a really powerful whale harpoon gun, mount it on a truck, mount a half watt herc on that, then point at a police chopper. When they get close enough fire the harpoon through the cockpit and reel it in. That would teach 'em. ;D[/quote]

Whoa, now that's a thought! Not sure they activate the ir camera all the time, but that would probably get you in more trouble, you know, since misslle targeting is used with ir lasers! :eek: (or maybe an actual threat would make them flee! ;D)