Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is it bad I broke something inside?

Uhm so for some odd reason I decided to stick one of those balloons with the sticks attached into the hole on top of my laser and I pushed kind of hard so something in the inside came off, and was bouncing around in there. I took it out with tweezers, it's small and round and metal, strangely though, my laser is stronger than before, but there is a slight line on the side of the dot. :undecided: XD I guess I could always get a new one if anything worse happens. I'm just wondering what I broke off?

WHAT??
same 200 'Mw' ( thats incorrect BTW you meam mW --right?

so cops may have been called and you , for reasons that baffle me, do WHAT??
you stuck the stick into the front of your laser?? duh!

dont have a clue what fell out-- I would have expected some kind of lens or filter or die window--

can you provide a better location-- NA is large- and canada is also NA--

did you REALLY read the TOU before you clicked 'agree' check it out sometime- read up on 'age of concent'..

with your luck of late perhaps lasers are not for you--

last time we heard stuff like this the OP turned out to be just a troll- hope that is not the case here--

last time we heard stuff like this the OP turned out to be just a troll- hope that is not the case here--

i hope that is the case!
If not i think Arielle is some little kid playin with laser.
You should be very carefull NOT to look into the beam or you may end up blind!
The thing you make loose could be an IR-Filter which filters out the Infrared radiation. As the filter may be gone now the IR comes out and makes the laser stronger but it could be also more dangerous for your eyesight!
Please be careful with anything laser related...this is no toy!!!!

Uhm so for some odd reason I decided to stick one of those balloons with the sticks attached into the hole on top of my laser and I pushed kind of hard so something in the inside came off, and was bouncing around in there. I took it out with tweezers, it's small and round and metal,

attachment.php

I don't get it.

Attachments

• FreshPaint-11-2014.09.12-06.35.56.jpg
    FreshPaint-11-2014.09.12-06.35.56.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 476
+6 to both

PICS NOW of all --OR this never happened and we are fools for posting any more---

ALSO we need DOB and city-- a quick IP chech is needed here--

fishy very fishy

No, not a little kid. I didn't do it on purpose, it was sort of sub-consciously. Not a troll either, just clueless when it comes to lasers. I was going to a party, and bringing one of those balloons attached to a plastic stick. What I meant by the hole is the one the light comes out of. The laser is fine though I guess, so that's all that matters. I think I've just had a bad experience this week, because I've had it for a few months now, and this is the first time I broke anything, and someone threatened me. Bad luck. The lady may have been on drugs though, is what my friend with me thought, because she was running around.

untitled_by_arielle_ari-d7yysuw.jpg
Laser and the thing that came out is
untitled_by_arielle_ari-d7yysub.jpg
Sorry its a bit blurry, my iPhone would not focus.

Oh yes, those smaller ones are 5mW red lasers I stuck in there too.

Last edited:
Well, it wasn't the actual party, because normally I'd go to the dollar store and get a helium balloon, but it was a before thing, so I bought one of the small balloons, it's not like we played with them or anything. She put it where she put her pens and we left because I'd be giving the actual present on the actual day.

I like to randomly shove crap into my lasers too, how else am I going to tell if my AR coating is up to par? Bonus points if I manage to catch the laser on fire too, I'm hella mature bro.

eta: 420th post, that had to be fate!

Last edited:
this is one of the more confusing and amusing posts ive read
kids these days and there darn balloon sticks

148ghzc.jpg

Balloon w/stick.....I think.

And I'm guessing she was talking about the aperture when she said "the hole on top of the laser"

Last edited: