Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IS ANOTHER GOOD BATTERY CAN BE BETTER THAN ultrafire?

ashkineeeee

in the name of GOD
HI....does another battery like lg 18650 or another good battery can increase light of laser? because now i have ultrafire 5800mah 3.7 :) :/ i think if i buy good battery is better than .....and can i use flat top 18650 in laser pointer at all?(sorry for my bad en).....thanks please answer if you know

ashkineeeee

Any battery I've ever heard about with the word "fire" in its name are low quality with reduced capacity for run time.
thanks for your answer.....mean if i buy better battery can increase ligh of laser?

Not normally, unless the laser is poorly designed without a constant current regulator. However, if the battery you are using has too low of a voltage for the regular to produce enough current to the diode, then yes, it could.

ashkineeeee

Not normally, unless the laser is poorly designed without a constant current regulator. However, if the battery you are using has too low of a voltage for the regular to produce enough current to the diode, then yes, it could.
A few days ago, I used a laser and saw that the light of laser was too much, but after a few seconds, the light decreased.....for this i thinked if i buy new battery can back to that light And be fixed (sorry bad en).....Why did it happen and what do you think is the reason? battery or laser?

Last edited:
Hi,
If the beam dimmed down after you turned it on it can be a few things . The driver might be out of regulation being a cheap version . Or your batteries are of poor quality and not delivering the correct Voltage to operate the driver.
Or the diode is failing .. Its hard to say with out knowing what laser it is also.
Rich:)

ashkineeeee

Hi,
If the beam dimmed down after you turned it on it can be a few things . The driver might be out of regulation being a cheap version . Or your batteries are of poor quality and not delivering the correct Voltage to operate the driver.
Or the diode is failing .. Its hard to say with out knowing what laser it is also.
thanks for your answer.....in your opinion ICR18650-22F or inr18650-25r samsung is good?

Last edited:
thanks for your answer.....in your opinion ICR18650-22F or inr18650-25r samsung is good?

Hi,
Samsung, Sanyo, Panasonic , Efest and AW are all great batteries . Please dont use Trust fire, Ultra Fire and as Alaskan said anything with the word Fire in it. They are dangerous and poorly manufactured batteries. thats why they are cheap by the dozen. Buying cheap batteries is a recipe for disaster..

ashkineeeee

Hi,
Samsung, Sanyo, Panasonic , Efest and AW are all great batteries . Please dont use Trust fire, Ultra Fire and as Alaskan said anything with the word Fire in it. They are dangerous and poorly manufactured batteries. thats why they are cheap by the dozen. Buying cheap batteries is a recipe for disaster..
thanks for your answer.....my last questions.....can i use flat top battery on laser pointer? i think yes.....and i should first charge new battery?

gazer101

Any idea where I could get cheap 16340 LiIons without the word "fire" in them. All the decent ones I've seen cost like $10 for a single battery... ideally I'd need something in the $3-5 range

Hi,

Beware, find a reputable seller, there are knock-off unauthentic copies.

Snecho

Strongly suggest moving this thread to "Drivers, Test-load, Power Supply, & Batteries" sub-forum
Any idea where I could get cheap 16340 LiIons without the word "fire" in them. All the decent ones I've seen cost like $10 for a single battery... ideally I'd need something in the $3-5 range
I use those VapCell 16340s from liionwholesale that Encap linked. They're one of the only ones that are unprotected. Statistically speaking, at 800mAh and 7A it's one of the best. Performance wise, I've found them to be all around pretty solid.

Last edited:

gazer101

Strongly suggest moving this thread to "Drivers, Test-load, Power Supply, & Batteries" sub-forum

I use those VapeCell 16340s from liionwholesale that Encap linked. They're one of the only ones that are unprotected. Statistically speaking, at 800mAh and 7A it's one of the best. Performance wise, I've found them to be all around pretty solid.
Never would've thought to look at vape batteries, I'll give em a shot!

Edit: ... after COVID dies down, the shipping's still a bit steep for me and I have an UltraFire source near me anyways (I could just buy new ones if mine degrade fast)