Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is a Hercules 650 w accessory's worth $3200

Bounty

:crackup:
But can it pop a balloon?

hindenburg.jpg

:crackup: and the balloons

strik3

A balloon? U could damn near weld with that thing. Or blind a few aliens lol.

Razako

I've got a herc and X10DR and it's awesome to say the least. It can burn stuff from like 100 feet away and at night the beam looks spectacular. You can either have a wide green conical flood pattern that's sure the wow the neighborhood or you can focus it for super divergence and get a piercing line of green that seems to go on forever.

With that said it is a lot of money and I'd only recommend it if you don't have anything more important to take care of.

Asherz

Also, the divergance on the laserglow lasers is second to none, especially on the greenies.

The range on it will be far superior than your 445nm, simply because the beam will stay thinner and look more intense for a great distance.

So far we have:

Pros: It's f---ing awesome.
Cons: It's $3,200 and pretty big.

Last edited:

Bounty

I've got a herc and X10DR and it's awesome to say the least. It can burn stuff from like 100 feet away and at night the beam looks spectacular. You can either have a wide green conical flood pattern that's sure the wow the neighborhood or you can focus it for super divergence and get a piercing line of green that seems to go on forever.

With that said it is a lot of money and I'd only recommend it if you don't have anything more important to take care of.

Great! ive been looking for someone who has a Herc...what model is yours? The one im looking at is the 650, if you have any vids or pic reviews of it let me know. Thanks!

Bounty

So far we have:

Pros: It's f---ing awesome.
Cons: It's $3,200 and pretty big.

The main con to me is the price...but then again quality does come with a heavy price nowadays. The size doesnt bother me too much as i prob wont be carrying it around with me everywhere i go. And if my wife found out she would kill me.....for real:gun:

I have one of those DHOM units lotus_darkrose posted.

I also did a review here - http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/my-new-dhom-532-1w-labby-62717.html

Meieright is a pretty good company and I got my laser within 4 days from china.

Im not saying dont get a Hurc but 3200$ is alot of money :( The only difference i see is portability/high $ VS high power/low $.

If you have any questions you can ask me and i will try my best to answer them the best i can.

Good luck with your laser search ^^

The main con to me is the price...but then again quality does come with a heavy price nowadays. The size doesnt bother me too much as i prob wont be carrying it around with me everywhere i go. And if my wife found out she would kill me.....for real:gun:

That's what custom paint jobs are for.

hercaderp.jpg

Bounty

I have one of those DHOM units lotus_darkrose posted.

I also did a review here - http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/my-new-dhom-532-1w-labby-62717.html

Meieright is a pretty good company and I got my laser within 4 days from china.

Im not saying dont get a Hurc but 3200$ is alot of money :( The only difference i see is portability/high $ VS high power/low $.

If you have any questions you can ask me and i will try my best to answer them the best i can.

Good luck with your laser search ^^

I was actually very surprised to hear it was so good. Anything from China and being so cheap i would of thought you would get a plastic unit. Have you known anyone else to get one from Meierlight? Or have you bought anything else through them? Im thinking you might of just gotten lucky with that purchase. On the website it says that it is up to 1000mW, i just cant see me forking over $800 and getting a unit as nice as yours :beer:

DJNY

For the same amount of money I would go for the highest powered 532nm JETLASERS laser, including a 15x or 30x beam expander. Both together will run you less than $1000 (So you save >$2000). Look at the GB prices for JETLASERS here and add the beam expander - order it directly from JETLASERS, ask for an very overspec one (you may pay a little extra for it) - and you´re gonna get >700mW, 800mW... (we had a member with a 1W peak unit) and you´re gonna get an awesome visible laser with a pretty beam even at a high distance.

IMO the Herc isn´t worth the money. It´s a way to big for a handheld. I would go with a labby if you want 100% duty cycle before buying a Herc.

Last edited:

Bounty

Thanks for the advice, im checking out their site now, the cost seems far more affordable. Ill email them and see what i can get.

Thanks again.

DJNY

Thanks for the advice, im checking out their site now, the cost seems far more affordable. Ill email them and see what i can get.

Thanks again.

Ask for the highest 532nm they have/can create (with stable output) :beer:

Bounty

I pmd Hakzaw1 about it, im assuming he works for Jetlasers. Im interested to see what my options are ;)

DJNY

I pmd Hakzaw1 about it, im assuming he works for Jetlasers. Im interested to see what my options are ;)

+ consider to also get a 500mW 635nm, you can use the same beam expander for this laser. It is going to be as bright as your 1W 445nm - just red-orange :cool: