Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Is a Hercules 650 w accessory's worth $3200

Bounty

Ive been looking at a Herc on Laserglow for months the 650 model (750mW) with expander and everything. I have many 445nm lasers my most powerful being 1.9W i was wondering how the 2 would compare in brightness/Range/visibility and burning power, heres a link to it.
Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers

Any advice is much appreciated thankyou.

Last edited:

Gryphon

The Herc at 750mW will be absurdly bright, a good deal brighter than 1W of 445. And although LG's prices are some of the highest on the web you definately get what you paid for. I bought a "50mW" Aries from them and they ended up sending me one of their "75mW" models instead that put out and average of 93mW's, nearly twice as much as what i paid for. They even sent me a letter apologizing about upgrading my ordrer at no addition charge cause they were out of stock on the 50mW model.

If i had the dough i would definatley shell out and get a Herc

Last edited:

Bounty

I have only ever heard good things about LG and that is very impressive customer service you had. Thanks for the info.

Bounty

Wow! thanks for telling me...but i cant see me spending $800 and getting a 1.5W lab laser, and ive never even heard of "meierlight". Ill have to look more into this.

Lotus_Darkrose

Yeah, no problem. I just can't see that Herc being *that* portable lol. It seems as portable as an Olight SR-90 Intimidator, which is meant for a searchlight.

Bounty

Wow look at that monster, i do like that lab laser but its listed at 1000mW on the site and it reminds me a lot of DHgate...i dont know i could be wrong

Lotus_Darkrose

I'm not telling you not to buy the herc. Just making sure you absolutely need it to be semi-portable. Because even though LaserGlow is very reputable, that is an investment you really need to be sure.

Bounty

I'm not telling you not to buy the herc. Just making sure you absolutely need it to be semi-portable. Because even though LaserGlow is very reputable, that is an investment you really need to be sure.
I know, i see exactly where your coming from. I have no doubt that it isnt worth the $$ i think that laserglow is the best laser company on the planet...but that money is the price of a 3D tv, PS3, surround sound system, numerous DVDs and a shit load of beer :crackup: its a lot of money.

Trevor

Or if you end up deciding on a lab system, buy an A140 for whatever it costs (<$1000) and build a 24W system out of it. :p

-Trevor

Bounty

Or if you end up deciding on a lab system, buy an A140 for whatever it costs (<$1000) and build a 24W system out of it. :p

-Trevor
24W haha hopefully that will appear in my dreams tonight. Thats not possible...is it?

Bounty

Heh. Or if you drive them 1.5W each, 36W.

...or go with this plan and built a massive 108W system... :eg:

-Trevor
All ill need after that is a huge focusing lens so i could burn electrical tape and matches all day, result!:D