Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ir filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, i know that one of you, (probably a lot of you), will say "there is already a thread for this!". Well i dont really care. You can either choose to be helpful and nice, or a smart ass. Anyway, back to the question. I just watched a video on YouTube of a man who took the ir filter out of his laser, and it made it 200mW stronger :/ it was lpm`d and everything. So does that mean that if i take the ir filter out of my laser, it will be stronger? The video is called "ir filter green laser test jetlasers". Or something like that.

Fiddy

First of all, i know that one of you, (probably a lot of you), will say "there is already a thread for this!". Well i dont really care. You can either choose to be helpful and nice, or a smart ass. Anyway, back to the question. I just watched a video on YouTube of a man who took the ir filter out of his laser, and it made it 200mW stronger :/ it was lpm`d and everything. So does that mean that if i take the ir filter out of my laser, it will be stronger? The video is called "ir filter green laser test jetlasers". Or something like that.

Why dont you use the search to find your own information? we dont spoon feed people here on topics that have been covered time and time again....

If you knew the purpose of the IR filter you wouldn't want to take it out,so i suggest you start searching there.

Last edited:

Things

First of all, i know that one of you, (probably a lot of you), will say "there is already a thread for this!". Well i dont really care.

And I don't really care to answer this thread either when the information already exists.

ARG

Lets think about this for a second.

• An IR filter removes IR leakage.
  • IR leakage will make the power of the laser higher when on an LPM.
  • Removing the IR filter will allow IR light to pass through.

TLDR Removing the IR filter from the laser will make your laser produce IR light increasing the power, but not increasing the amount of visible light. (It will actually increase the visible light by a small percentage as the IR filter is not 100% efficient, but only by a few mW)

I only typed this out so that someone who WILL use the search function in the future can find the answer. -Repped you for not even trying to search or think about it for a second.

Wow, thats the last thing i post on this website. Didnt know ONE post would set people off... I will find info somewhere else i guess. Way to be adults guys *claps hands*

Things

Maybe go re-read it, and you might see why people went off.

Hint: Not bothering searching yourself and saying you don't care.

First of all, i know that one of you, (probably a lot of you), will say "there is already a thread for this!". Well i dont really care.

mJCHW.jpg

Nice way to start off a thread. Don't act surprised when it goes downhill.

ARG

Wow, thats the last thing i post on this website. Didnt know ONE post would set people off... I will find info somewhere else i guess. Way to be adults guys *claps hands*

Really? You're telling us we're not acting like adults when you are the one acting like a little child. Hell, you can't even take the effort to press the shift key and capitalize your I's.

This is an adult community and if you want to fit in start acting like an adult, not a 16/17 year old kid. We'll treat you the same way you treat us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.