Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IQS (itemquick ship) Laser Round-up

madog

I've tried to contact him twice to get the LPF discount and he doesn't write back. I would like to order the super 100. Am I supposed to include my user name when ordering?

i got mine yesterday. it doesn't even sting my hand :(
it can very barely burn electrical tape if i focus it to a point.
I've already adjusted the pot to acheive the "brightest" beam possible.....
it does seem to be a very nicely made module though.
The driver on it is labeled yin-xing.com

Last edited:

Arshus

The #100 isn't a burner, the burning lasers say "burn" on it and come pre-focused to a tiny point. My #200 outputs 190-200mW for the first 30-40 secs then settles around ~170mW. It burns everything.

I'm curious whats yours outputting?

-Sal

Bobby

I've tried to contact him twice to get the LPF discount and he doesn't write back. I would like to order the super 100. Am I supposed to include my user name when ordering?
I have not seen that required but it surely wouldn't hurt.

He may be out for Chinese New Year ... ?

Which email address did you send to?

Bobby

i got mine yesterday. it doesn't even sting my hand :(
it can very barely burn electrical tape if i focus it to a point.
I've already adjusted the pot to acheive the "brightest" beam possible.....
it does seem to be a very nicely made module though.
The driver on it is labeled yin-xing.com

I don't have a meter, i would make a random guess around 30-50mW though

on a #100, send that **** back.

I agree with Arshus -- it sounds like you inadvertantly got a #006 ... contact him and see if you can return it for replacement. Just make sure you contact him outside EB or if inside EB don't mention the power ... :)

If you have trouble contacting him, let me know which email you are using -- I might have some alternatives that get a little more reading ... ;)

Received my #100 and 006 today in the mail! Woohoo! Charging up some AAs and my Li-Ions are on the UltraFire now. Letting them warm up before I test them out!

Re: IQS (itemquick ship) Laser Round-up (New Review)

The other day I received from IQS this Deluxe 90-105# Adjustable Blue Laser Pointer Safe Key. I did not go through the Eekbay auction but sent PayPal to his email and got the LPF discount price of $40. It was received four days after ordering.

4791-whats-included-box.jpg

This is what came in the box. Laser, keys, and Panasonic CR123A 3.0V primary.

4792-key-switch.jpg

It has a keyswitch to prevent the momentary button from activating the laser. The key is removable in both on and off positions.

4793-shown-full-length-accomodate-18650.jpg

With the barrel extension in place to accomodate an 18650 battery. The claimed 3600mAh of this particular UltraFire battery is ridiculous.

4794-shortened-16340.jpg

Barrel extension removed for CR123 use. Note the serrated aperture ring for rotating to focus.

4795-little-disappointing-juice-battery-81mw-peak.jpg

I was a little disappointed that my cheap Juice rechargeable CR123As only peaked at 81mW.

4796-better-18650-91mw-peak.jpg

With an 18650 it peaked at 91mW. These were preliminary LPM tests done without freshly charged batteries.

I tried to get some beam shots but it is barely visible in my dark closet and would have to resort to long exposures. That is kind of pointless because by adjusting the length of exposure, I could make it look like something it is not.

This unit has an easy to use focus ring, the spot can be changed from pinpoint to so large that it is barely visible. It is handy as a UV flashlight for searching for fluorescing items. It will pop a black balloon from close range. I was hoping for about 125mW but can't complain since the advertised output did start at 90mW. Freshly charged, quality batteries could possibly increase the output a little. For $40 I am pleased with this laser. Comments and questions are welcomed.

I'm pretty happy with my #100. I will probably keep my eyes peeled for a 200 size. I did buy a 5mW purple blue pointer, too, $8 something. I need to find how to make the focus adjustable.

Last edited:

madog

I am going to buy a "super 100". If anyone could tell me the names of US based companies that sell rechargable 3.7v battries for this unit, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks

Helios

I'm pretty happy with my #100. I will probably keep my eyes peeled for a 200 size. I did buy an 006 purple blue pointer, too, $8 something. I need to find how to make the focus adjustable.

The easy way: use any magnifier glass. The focal point wont be adjustable but you just have to find out where it is.

I am going to buy a "super 100". If anyone could tell me the names of US based companies that sell rechargable 3.7v battries for this unit, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks

I bought two Battery Stations from lighthound.com for $6.99 each. They charge to 4.1v.

Sounds good, Helios, thanks!

And I guess I was confused on the models I bought. The #100 006 is the green. The purple blue 5mW is ISQ's item #110624176098.

I guess I'm confused on what the 006 means if the mW is "<100mW".

And yes, I will be looking to get an LPM one of these days. But I will have to see if anyone local can test their output for me.