Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ipod 4 jailbroken - help

Put it in dfu mode if recovery wont help. Hold home+power then after the screen goes black wait another 2 seconds, then release the power button but keep holding home button. Do this while being connected to usb. Once your pc says new device found, start itunes. And try to restore. If this wont work, try downloading firmware manually(see steps i described in last post of this topic.)
Good luck and let me know. Im pro in iphone/ipad/ipod touch's.

alright thanks a whole lot. :) I'll try to get it done tomorrow while I have time. i really don't want to send it back because the warraenty is gone because it's jailbroken obviously, and my dad doesn't know I did this.

ped

I was just gonna suggest what borg said, this is the more complicated way to get it into DFU mode but it normally works.

Hello everyone, I got my ipod 4th gen about a month ago and last week I decided to jailbreak it out of impulse. (I know it was a super dumba$$ move) I jailbroke it with limera one or something and it went fine, but when I tried downloading a theme it froze. The first time this happened I plugged it into itunes and clicked restore. I tried downloading a theme again and it didn't work. My ipod has been frozen at the apple logo for a week now and I can't unfreeze it. This is what happens when I try to restore it:

ipod.png.jpg

Does anyone know what to do?

I'm really bad with tech stuff, lol... strange for me to like lasers.

I hope this thread is okay. :)
Try this: iPhone Jailbreak Service - We Jailbreak your iPhone While You Wait

you do know that jailbreaking voids the warranty right. so you would have to pay for apple to restore it.

michael.

So ciphoenix, from your website, I take it you wrote your own jailbreaking software and developed your own exploits, as it says on your website that your specific jailbreak "puts BlackRa1n, RedSn0w, and GreenPois0n-based Jailbreaks to shame!"?

What makes it better besides the fact you run the software for them?

If not, Id sure hope you donate some of your revenues to the developers.

Last edited:
Put it in dfu mode if recovery wont help. Hold home+power then after the screen goes black wait another 2 seconds, then release the power button but keep holding home button. Do this while being connected to usb. Once your pc says new device found, start itunes. And try to restore. If this wont work, try downloading firmware manually(see steps i described in last post of this topic.)
Good luck and let me know. Im pro in iphone/ipad/ipod touch's.

Thanks, it worked. The only thing I don't like is I lost all of my data. :( lol. oh well. I'll have lots of entertainment for the rest of the week re-beating all of the games. :D Also, it's not jailbroken anymore... should I try again?

you do know that jailbreaking voids the warranty right. so you would have to pay for apple to restore it.

michael.

That is correct - A Jailbrak voids Apple's Warranty. However, if you're a moviegoer and spend hundreds of dollars a month taking your family to the movies, the money you save by hooking your iPhone to your HD-TV and watching in the comfort of your home (where you can pause to go take a whiz or have a beer) will more than pay for a new iPhone if it ever needs to be serviced. If you have INSURANCE on it (if it breaks or gets stolen) you could always run it over with your SUV :shhh::angel::oops:

drevil

michael.

There is no way for Apple to know if you restore the firmware. Atleast, they never knew mine was jailbroken and I have taken in my iphone twice for issues not software related and the first thing apple does is reload your software to eliminate it as the cause of trouble.

-killed 2 iphones -1 died on its own (home button stoped working)
:D

Also, it's not jailbroken anymore... should I try again?

I say yes, i bricked mine the first time i tried to jailbreak it and totally freaked
out thinking i had ruined it. But after restoring it with the DFU mode i tried
and managed to successfully jailbrake it. The visual modifications you can
do to it are just too good to pass up.

There is no way for Apple to know if you restore the firmware. Atleast, they never knew mine was jailbroken and I have taken in my iphone twice for issues not software related and the first thing apple does is reload your software to eliminate it as the cause of trouble.

-killed 2 iphones -1 died on its own (home button stoped working)
:D

wow drevil that is such a good point... hmmm, but then again if they restored it they wouldn't need to take it to apple to begin with :crackup::crackup:

Yes jailbreak again. Use limera1n, download exe, connect ipod and hit the make it rain button in the exe, and follow the steps. After completion use the limera1n app on your iphone to install cydia.
Done.

I know that it voids the warranty! But the point is it's fixed nao! :D also, I didn't realize this but everything was saved onto itunes and it's data and crap.

btw, the thing that froze the ipod was trying to dowloade themes from the winter something app.