Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Invitation to All Members:Free Laser Trial -DinoDirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaseth

Thank you for the opportunity. I have placed the order with the coupon code.
I do have a question: When I entered the coupon code, the total order became $0. I still had to select payment option, but when I clicked "Paypal" and proceeded, it immediately said "Your order has been placed" without me having to log in, and it is now visible in my DinoDirect order history. It seems it worked fine.
However, I have yet to receive any e-mail confirming my order, despite the page telling me I should check for one. Is this normal? Has the order been placed and fully registered as long as it appears in my order history?

Seb

(1) The site seems alright. It doesn't strike me as greatly differing from other similar websites, but it appears friendly, and to have good prices and a wide range of products. I've also heard it's more reliable to receive lasers from than websites like FocalPrice, that sell you junk and call it a laser.

(2) The homepage composition is good. The products themselves are very eyecatching. A problem i have is that the bar on the left side lags when i try to open a dropdown menu. That's probably just because I'm running a several-year-old laptop with a lot of work on it and quite a few windows open.
The product introduction seems better than most sites. However, the list of uses given for lasers is not very well translated, and you have written that some very powerful lasers can be used as pointers in presentations, which is probably not sensible because they would be too bright.

(3) The most important feature? Well... wavelength i guess. The colour of the laser is the most important thing, but it's also not very easy to go wrong on. Otherwise, i'd say it would be strength. Laser pointers can break easily in shipping, falling out of a pocket or off a desk, or can overheat and die that way. The buttons break, the crystals become misaligned. The best lasers are the ones that last a long time without any problems.

(4) I would post the reveiw here on LaserPointerForums, DinoDirect and YouTube but share the reveiw across MSN, FaceBook, MyYearBook, possibly MySpace, IMVU, Zwinky and a bunch of other sites that i can't think of at the moment...
I'm also doing a presentation on lasers next year, and I could advertise DinoDirect on that.

(5) There's lots i'm interested in.
These amused me, and would go great with a boardgame i have:
Wholesale FBI Global Terrorist Masterminds Pattern Match Boxes (10-Box Pack) - DinoDirect.com

And i've been looking for one of these, cheap:
Wholesale PC USB 2.0 Double Shock Vibration Game Controller - DinoDirect.com

And my girlfriend said she likes the look of this:
Magic Kitty Pattern Hard Plastic Case Back Cover for iPhone 3G 3GS - DinoDirect.com

And it's all really cheap. Which is good, because it means that for the money i have i can buy more than if i was buying it over-the-counter here.

(6) i'll PM

Last edited:

Asherz

Thanks very much for the invitation, I'll place an order today! :) I take it we can only order the two lasers in the first post?

Last edited:
@Seb, same thing happened to me except that I immediately recieved confimation email.
BTW wich lasers did you guys won?
I got the 50mW flashlight style, WB502 host.

Yay!!!

Dino, consider a serious boost in reputation here on this forum.

I only hope you'll take our advice and mark your lasers' output power correctly.

Asherz

I'm trying to order the 100mW laser from the first post, and keep getting coupon code invalid?

Edit: NVM, I've been given the code for the 50mW version. ordered, thanks Dino :)

Jaseth

I received the confirmation e-mail about an hour later, so all is well :)
I am reviewing the 100mW pen style, which is the one I was most interested in looking at.
It will be interesting to see if they can provide an actual 100mW or more in a pen, and not 60-70mW like you get from DX.

Seb

TTerbo

do you ship them with tailcap and battery seperate so its not confiscated?

diachi

1) Very bright, doesn't look cluttered with useless information - easy to read.
2) Everything is great, and easy to navigate around the products - The zoom feature on the product pages is also nice
3) overall product quality, build, beam specs and stability.
4) Yes, wherever you wish a review to be posted.
5) the $12.24 mini iPod DOC with speakers.
6) PM sent.

Hello. I think that Dinodirect shouldn't have told << invitation to all members>> but << invitation to members with 20+ rep>> .
Just for your knowledge, I admire you people(members of LPF) for your vast knowledge in lasers and that this doesn't aim to you.

Just by this angle(the invitation thing), it is very easy to see that Dinodirect is dishonest and a possible scam.By choosing only the high rep members, it is like telling that the rest of us are cheaters or unable to review a laser.

Thanks again almighty Dinodirect for the huge opportunity to participate in this mega-super thing ! Have a nice day....:whistle:

Hello. I think that Dinodirect shouldn't have told << invitation to all members>> but << invitation to members with 20+ rep>> .
Just for your knowledge, I admire you people(members of LPF) for your vast knowledge in lasers and that this doesn't aim to you.

Just by this angle(the invitation thing), it is very easy to see that Dinodirect is dishonest and a possible scam.By choosing only the high rep members, it is like telling that the rest of us are cheaters or unable to review a laser.

Thanks again almighty Dinodirect for the huge opportunity to participate in this mega-super thing ! Have a nice day....:whistle:
Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not true.
TTerbo for instance, won a laser.

Asherz

Also to add, from a business point of view it would make more sense for them to choose members that have been around for a while, as they are almost indefinitely going to do a review, where as a member with a lower postcount/rep may just take the laser not bother with the review and leave.

Stick around for a while and and build some rep and next time a review is needed you might be asked, I was never asked to do a review on the $500+ Wickedlaser product they sent out for reviews, only people with much higher posts/rep were chosen (It was about 4 months ago when mine was lower.)

Last edited:

Well, they probably chose TTerbo for being really active lately + his 2 rep points.
You have to understand that i don't blame you or the other people for any reason!
I just wanted to point out this injustice by Dinodirect.

Also, from a business point of view it would make more sense for them to choose members that have been around for a while, as they are almost indefinitely going to do a review, where as a member with a lower postcount/rep may just take the laser not bother with the review and leave.

Stick around for a while and and build some rep and next time a review is needed you might be asked, I was never asked to do a review on the $500+ Wickedlaser product they sent out for reviews, only people with much higher posts were chosen (It was about 4 months ago when mine was lower.)

That's what I mean . By participating in this thing I say to Dinodirect that i will post a review as a feedback for Dinodirect's good gesture.
If they wanted ONLY the high rep members to make a review they could just PM them .There is no reason to make this circus and turn all the other people down.

TTerbo

hey dude just enter the draw there is still more to be won (i think)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.