Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introvert discussion

Either that, or I'm damn s3xy.

giphy.gif

After reading all these personality tests, I had to go find my results from a test taken a few years ago.
It turns out that I am also an ISTJ; another introvert among many here at LPF.

As someone said earlier, I think the majority of LPF consists of introverts. I have never seen any true extroverts working on lasers or electrical/mechanical projects before. Though I have met many extroverts (including friends) with an interest in lasers, they tend to die of boredom whenever I start getting into how a basic ruby laser works. And then they wonder why I die of boredom whenever they invite me to a huge party :crackup:
I think there may be some exceptions, rare cases of strong extroverts who like to build basic projects.

Edit:
The ISTJ personality type takes up 13% of human population. Maybe that's why there are so many ISTJ people here.
Jacks-of-all-trades. ISTJ personalities tend to be very observant and good with facts. They often know something about everything, and that internal encyclopedia often proves to be very useful in challenging situations.

The INTJ only takes up 0.8% of the population making them the most rare type. Also found that interesting.
Quick, Imaginative and Strategic Mind - INTJs pride themselves on their minds, taking every opportunity to improve their knowledge, and this shows in the strength and flexibility of their strategic thinking. Insatiably curious and always up for an intellectual challenge, INTJs can see things from many perspectives. INTJs use their creativity and imagination not so much for artistry, but for planning contingencies and courses of action for all possible scenarios.

The ISTP makes up around 5% of the population. Kind of between the other 2.
Very creative and practical. ISTP personalities have a vivid imagination, especially when it comes to practical or mechanical matters. They find it easy to come up with novel ideas and do things in a way that no one has thought of before.

Last edited:
I don't even need to take the test - I am an introvert without doubt. Being in a crowd of people (particularly that I don't know) just saps energy from me like old school electronics do to batteries. I actually had to leave a funeral wake recently because there were just too many people. Can't handle it at all.

The weird thing about being an introvert is it can be very damaging for us to be in isolation too long. I learned this unfortunately when I lived in college campus and almost the entire halls of residence was empty. Certainly in my case, I like to be able to be on my own, but I need to know that people are still around me, outside on the streets and going about in the world.

ARG

The weird thing about being an introvert is it can be very damaging for us to be in isolation too long. I learned this unfortunately when I lived in college campus and almost the entire halls of residence was empty. Certainly in my case, I like to be able to be on my own, but I need to know that people are still around me, outside on the streets and going about in the world.

Yeah - I learned this one the hard way as well. The first two weeks in isolation can be pretty relaxing, but after that I felt something I thought I would never feel, a craving for human interaction. Everything in moderation.

I'm a introvert too! Unless people are talking about a thing that I know, I prefer not talk.

And, my patience to talk with persons is very small, If I see that the person isn't taking care of what I'm saying I simple stop talking.

But I think I'm very good to talk with persons in text. I do different things like lasers to show to persons, and I like when someone like it, or when someone ask how it works or something related to my things.

I decided to do a search for introvert shirts. I might have to get one of these.

edcb7ba7dfc38edeebdbe84c6d686c1c.jpg

oehAc8D.jpg

1e591515ddc4ca40e0be9e980c69d068.jpg

vnr8ZgU.jpg

extreme_introvert_tshirt-r96fb7540cb2f40c0b27cefa459df00c3_8nax8_324.jpg

35a5f04ce7dde055a5839a9b3ad4aaca.jpg

super_entertaining_introvert_t_shirt_tshirt-r4e67e029bdf144cebe4761f0b8d518c0_804gy_324.jpg

f702a99f672688505a5503f5b0d80617.jpg

Wow, Thank you, Dr. Evil, for starting this thread and then bumping it back up into view. The items in the first post so perfectly described me. I'm OK in a one on one situation but in a crowd I'm pretty quiet, content to just listen, observe and learn.

A few years ago when I was talking with a couple of my cousins, they mentioned how, when we were children and at family gatherings, someone would say, "Where's Ed?" and someone else would say, "Oh, he's over there with his nose in a book." I never felt or thought of myself as antisocial, it's just that books, especially science fiction, were so fascinating, especially when the conversations around me were so boring.

Even today I have to push myself to speak up in a group or post in a forum. I'm still not antisocial, just quiet.

If no one has said it before, here's another possible tee shirt slogan:

Introverts of the World UNITE:
Solidarity in Solitude

Or maybe that should be:

Introverts of the World UNTIE:
Solidarity in Solitude

Ed

Last edited:
Just thought I'd bring this back up due to some stuff I've gone through the past year. There been some stuff I've struggled with throughout my life that I decided to talk to a mental health professional about. During my time in the active military, I also had a doctor tell me I possibly had an anxiety disorder. I saw someone then and he said I didn't show any sign of having one. I also though maybe I had some sort of ADD. During the last year, I was told no for both of those. After going through a bunch testing, the mental health pro did diagnose me with autism spectrum disorder. I know autism and introverts have similarities. That makes me wonder if I'm introverted at all or if it's all due to autism now.

Eh, I don't know what to believe from these docs. Sometimes I test out as INTJ, other times ENTJ. I'm borderline.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Eh, I don't know what to believe from these docs. Sometimes I test out as INTJ, other times ENTJ. I'm borderline.

Sometimes this is bipolar disorder. The trick is finding the best combination of antidepressants that work for you. It can take years of trial and error.