Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing the Rubicon LPM and the Delta Line of LPM's

ARG

Great works as always, guys!

Can it be powered from USB?

USB is for the datalogging only. There was a problem with the USB voltage sagging to an unusable level on some computers, so it needs to be powered externally by a 9VDC power supply or 9V battery :)

-Alex

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Awesome new LPM guys! :beer:
I thought it had been too quiet on the LPM front for awhile now.
Had been wondering if you were still developing an enclosure for the Argmeter.
Well, you've got the enclosure, and a great new LPM to go in it!

+1 to you Trevor, and +1 to Arg when I can.

Wow great work guys! +1 for both of you :beer: How long can the unit run from a single 9V cell?

Edit: system wont let me :cry:

greetings,.

Last edited:

ARG

Wow great work guys! +1 for both of you :beer: How long can the unit run from a single 9V cell?

Thanks! :)

Depends on what 9V cell you use, but assuming a 600mAh cell it can run for about 4 of continuous use.

That's about 50~ measurements.

USB is for the datalogging only. There was a problem with the USB voltage sagging to an unusable level on some computers, so it needs to be powered externally by a 9VDC power supply or 9V battery :)

-Alex

Mine is working great with your converter, pity it doesn't work for everyone.
BTW thanks again for all your help!

benmwv

Looks awesome guys!

Wouldn't let me rep you arg but I gave trevor one ;)

Arg ill be sending you an email here soon!

Reactions: ARG

ARG

Mine is working great with your converter, pity it doesn't work for everyone.
BTW thanks again for all your help!

Was more of a problem with the reference than the regulator. A 4.5V reference needed 4.7V to run, and USB voltage would sometimes sag to 4.6V.
With the external power I used a 5V reference :)

Looks awesome guys!

Wouldn't let me rep you arg but I gave trevor one ;)

Arg ill be sending you an email here soon!

Got the email, will reply soon :)

Well Done Guys.:wave: It really looks Great.:beer:

The Case and Screen is just sick.! I love it.

Nice work Guys.:beer:

+ when it lets me. "I never forget"

Was more of a problem with the reference than the regulator. A 4.5V reference needed 4.7V to run, and USB voltage would sometimes sag to 4.6V.
With the external power I used a 5V reference :)

What I did was run the 5V reference from the regulated +V line that feeds the Ophir (used 7810 here). Seems to work fine :)

Reactions: ARG

ARG

Now that's a good idea :) +3 Just got to check to make sure that nano traces can handle the 160mA that the meter draws.

Don't think it'll be a problem, I'm powering everything from an Arduino Nano. I only had to piggyback a wire on the protection diode to ensure it doesn't sag below 4.5V.

Mine just arrived today so im playing around with it and setting it up. Pictures to come soon but just a pre-review impression......HOLY COW, this is a sweet LPM and the details are just outstanding!!!! Trevor and ARG, GREAT job!!!!

ARG

:D Glad you like it Livinloud
We worked hard to give it everything :)

Runs smooth as butter too! Was doing tests for about an hour straight and not one hiccup or glitch in the system. Connected VERY smoothly with Peregrine and data logging was flawless. Just had the chance to do some very preliminary testing and familiarizing myself with the UI.

Tomorrow I will dive into the review and getting a video together to show users how easy this LPM is to use and how amazing everything works. Im still stunned by the Ophir sensor response time and the Rubicon in general. This being my first LPM, I am NEVER going anywhere else and frankly no need to!

Got a nice housewarming gift from LB which he said did ~80mW (tested by Pete I believe) and the results........a stunning ~115mW on 10400/dummy set-up! Nice little surprise.

Keep an eye out for my official review coming this week. I hope ARG and Trevor, along with everyone else at LPF will enjoy reading it and viewing the many photos and hopefully short video walk through on the UI and using the Rubicon.

Sean

Snap I may have to look into this lol. I have an Ophir 20C-A already so pairing it with a Rubicon would be totally amazing.