Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing the Rubicon LPM and the Delta Line of LPM's

ARG

Hey Trevor are you guys going to make a TEC model for us cheap bastards? Very nice work.

We are looking at cheaper alternatives, but it doesn't look hopeful. We are looking for something with comparable performance to Ophirs.
Perhaps a small 8x8mm TEC. (Though the response time is still slow comparatively)

So THAT's what your avatars are, guys.

I was wondering :D

This looks great. So basically, plug'n'play with any Ophir a member might already have?

Price is a bit steep but I guess that, for a hobby grade, this is as high-end as it can go.

Nice job you guys!

Thanks!

The 250$ unit is plug n' play with any Ophir head, such as the ones in the nospins, kenometers, or just the plain OEM ones.

It's kind of silly to use a TEC sensor on a graphing LPM. Basically the TEC acts like a very strong low pass filter and slows down response time by at least an order of magnitude. It is like putting a 10,000uF filter cap across your signal input pin.

Trevor actually implemented a nice feature that helps with this, on both the Rubicon and Pergerine - a threshold.
For example if someone has a laser and the power is around 1000mW they set the threshold to 800mW and any readings under 800mW will be thrown out :)

Last edited:

Wow, people really can keep secrets! :yh: and here I thought I was the only one lol

Again congrats guys! I cannot wait to get mine!

Yes Tony I am very good at keeping secrets :D

Guessing that 3.7W LB USB is going to be for sale soon then ;) If you want to wait for my review then go for it but, I have a feeling these might not last too long, especially the compete package ones. ARG had a HUGE wait list for the ARGMeter V1.1 (only way I found out about this project was sitting on it for a month or so and then him informing me of his new project; the ARGMeter V2 which turned into this)

It's kind of silly to use a TEC sensor on a graphing LPM. Basically the TEC acts like a very strong low pass filter and slows down response time by at least an order of magnitude. It is like putting a 10,000uF filter cap across your signal input pin.

But Ophir's are just fancy TEC's with amps and ???? parts built in. And I always use a 1 farad filter cap on my inputs:crackup:

tonyt

Guessing that 3.7W LB USB is going to be for sale soon then ;) If you want to wait for my review then go for it

I have already submitted the ad. ;)

I have already had one of these on pre-order for the last few months so I think i may be second In line after you?

ARG, what is the current user manual link? The one you gave me a few days ago says its in your trash can so not sure if it accidentally got moved there or if you created an updated version. Would like to read it over a few more times to help "pass" the time until mine arrives :p Plus its not like I haven't read it through 3 times already, oh wait I have :D

ARG

Sent you the manual Livinloud :)

Tonyt, we have lots in stock, just PM me whenever you want to buy one :)

Last edited:
But Ophir's are just fancy TEC's with amps and ???? parts built in. And I always use a 1 farad filter cap on my inputs:crackup:

Yes but they have a very low inherent thermal capacitance an thermal resistance which results in a very low impedance to higher frequency thermal changes. If you can wrap your head around basic analog signal processing you'll be amazed at where it applies itself to in other disciplines.

Hmm, where are you getting all those farads from?!

I have already submitted the ad. ;)

I have already had one of these on pre-order for the last few months so I think i may be second In line after you?

Awillis is also in line so dont think it matters who was 2nd, 3rd, 10th etc...... We are all getting one of the best, if not THE best Ophir LPMs on the market. Just think, the next closes competitor model costs over $550 and there is not LCD graphing display, just current power display. This is a HUGE shake up in the LPM market, real game changer for sure!

ARG and Trevor, I can not than you two enough for pushing this hobby to progress at such a fast pace! What is next 10W handheld 650nm lasers and 20W hobbyist LPMs?

Trevor

No worries, we've got them stocked and there's more on the way. :)

Trevor

Looks to be a brilliantly executed hobby LPM. Great work both of you and good luck with the sales, though based on what I am seeing you won't really need it.

Regards,
brtaman

:drool:
Thats amazing. I was wondering about the avatars too...

I'm just wondering... is there any possibility to heatsink the ophir and get more measuring range using the rubicon (eeh, delta-rubicon)?

Anyways its the Rubicon Delta, Delta Rubicon or something like this? The name sounds so cool, like "My LPM is the [Rubicon Delta], I'm so proud of it" :p

:beer:

Trevor

:drool:
Thats amazing. I was wondering about the avatars too...

I'm just wondering... is there any possibility to heatsink the ophir and get more measuring range using the rubicon (eeh, delta-rubicon)?

Anyways its the Rubicon Delta, Delta Rubicon or something like this? The name sounds so cool, like "My LPM is the [Rubicon Delta], I'm so proud of it" :p

:beer:

I'll need to confirm this with ARG, but yes - I believe we'd be able to do that. Drop ARG or me a PM if you're interested, and we will look into it.

The Rubicon is this model of LPM, Delta is the name of the whole series. :)

Trevor

Heheh thanks.
I'll just wait some time because the dollar is on the rise (Intl buyer here) so the money it just out my reach yet. But sure that will be my LPM of choice in some time.

Its a very cool LPM bro... Sounds like new company on the way... :)
+1 to you and arg... congratulations... :beer:

Hey guys, just wanted to stop in a say congrats on your release. The device really looks great.

Good luck with sales!