Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing Myself!

Hey everyone!

I have been stalking the forums for about a week now, and just recently made an account. I already have a few posts and threads, but by a recommendation from hakzaw, I'm officially introducing myself now :yh:

I live in North Carolina, USA. I love electronics and technology, and alway have! I got my first computer when I was 6 - an old tower Dell. I got an HP laptop hand-me-down shortly after, and then when I was around 10 I ordered a used MacBook from eBay. I just got a new MacBook Pro about a year ago, and I love it! I've also got an iPad 2 and iPhone 4 to finish off the "trio" ;)
(If you can't tell, I love Apple. With a passion.)

For a while I was a super-active member of Instructables.com, a project/tutorial sharing site. Some of my projects got featured on the home-page and even republished on different sites :D

I also enjoy creating YouTube videos about technology, and my YouTube channel can be found at YouTube.com/techbowker.

In addition to these tech things I also enjoy riding our ATV and mountain biking in the spring, fall, and summer (not the winter :p)

I also have a job as a cashier at a local retail store. In the near future, however, I will be moved from cashier and I will start working on the store's website! :D

*EDIT: Forgot to add this part!* Lastly, before the laser section of my post, I have a vinyl cutting machine and I cut vinyl stickers as a side business. I have a somewhat successful Etsy store set up at http://www.etsy.com/shop/adamsvinyl and I also get lots of business locally. Guys - cutting vinyl stickers is like printing money. Seriously.

Now for the reason why I'm even on this forum. I have a newfound interest in lasers! My friend showed me WickedLasers, and I thought it was the coolest thing I've ever seen. I really, really wanted that EVO laser, so I started doing some research and landed upon LPF. I then saw that WL sucked, so I moved on to other sites like laserbtb and Sci Fi Lasers. I also learned that ordering from forum members is a better way to go, so I ordered my first laser from Blord! A 300mW 600nm in the 501b host (Unfortunately, that order had to be cancelled, but I'm definitely planning on re-ordering from him soon).

So that's a little bit about me. I've already been welcomed to the forums by several really nice people, including hakzaw1 and phoenix77. If any of you have any tips or anything for me to read before I continue to participate in the forums, let me know :yh:

Last edited:

Thanks! I forgot to mention you in the OP... You have been helpful to me so far as well :yh:

Haha, thanks for the sub! :D

oahu99

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you will be a great contributor to the community!
Although I question your choice of computers :D...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ru124t

WElcome to the forum Adam! First computer, I guess you guys will realize how old I am. My first computer was a timex Sinclair 1000 ! I had a commodore vic 20, commodore 64, Tandy TRS80 . Though I am a Dinosaur, this beast I am tapping on has a watercooled H110, intel 4930k, 32gb ram, 2samsung evo ssd, 3tb storage drive, 3 gtx 780ti video cards. It sure has come a long way from 32k ram! lmao

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you will be a great contributor to the community!
Although I question your choice of computers :D...

Thanks! But hmm... I think you need to rethink that last sentence ;)

WElcome to the forum Adam! First computer, I guess you guys will realize how old I am. My first computer was a timex Sinclair 1000 ! I had a commodore vic 20, commodore 64, Tandy TRS80 . Though I am a Dinosaur, this beast I am tapping on has a watercooled H110, intel 4930k, 32gb ram, 2samsung evo ssd, 3tb storage drive, 3 gtx 780ti video cards. It sure has come a long way from 32k ram! lmao

Wow! ... To everything in that post!

What an old computer... but your new one is a BEAST!! :drool: I'd still prefer the new Mac Pro though ;)

~~~~~~~

Oh, I forgot to say something in the OP! I also make vinyl decals as a side business. I'm tellin' ya... Cutting vinyl stickers is like printing money! Check out my online store at Adam's Vinyl by adamsvinyl on Etsy :D

Last edited:
WELCOME Adam

before i forget- PLEASE copy and paste your last two posts here into post #6- most here consider double posting to be somewhat bad manners- but we understand that it happens all the time at many other forums-- no bigggie but you will get 'called-out' for double posting-unless its a needed bump (like in a FS thread of your own)--

So great to see you here- you are actually quite lucky to be already into lasers considering your age- BUT you have shown you are quite mature-- I am ready to send you that laser when you folks call me back with the OK- your Mom tells me on the phone you are doing very well in school- & you already have a job- nice!+

OH how i wish I were at that age- as I would be making my career plan to revolve around lasers-- now considered to be a more signification invention that Edison's light bulb--(soon to be obsolete.)

new inventions happen almost daily. Our lives are much better due to lasers-

Hope you can do SELEM in Aug- most likely I will make that my 5th SELEM in a row.

best wishes--Len

PS
I may be needing some decals made--for some laser projectors I hope to soon be selling.

COMBINE your triple post into just one and you will see a +5rep added to your score=

copy=delete edit then paste repeat--

BTW Even IF I was not selling them--IMO you have made a wise choice in a TiB 532/100--these could actually go back to their original price of ~$220 USED once no more can be purchased from JL or me.

...and Blord is also a great builder and all around nice person- his pics of a TI-B are some of the best--

anybody else wanting a Ti-B 532/100 (14500) better get one soon- i have only three left here in TX and IIRC they are almost out of them at JETLASERS.org--in China last word from JL- no more will be made ( also 532nm is your only color choice) as being both Titaium ( used mostly for the NASA Space program and in pacemakers etc) adn due to how hard Ti is to work- ask anyone experienced with metal lathes and mills- even scrape swept up off the shop floor gets you $3 a pound or more-- where is it used 'then??? 'Flaminpyro' recently told me his just paid IIRC $300 for 100 lbs of TI- he makes it into a powder and Ti is what is often used to make the 'white' we see in fireworks- He is a professional fireworks maker- and it was a great pleasure to finally meet Jeff at SELEM 2013-- he also agrees with me about Ti being a bitch to work and is known by some to be a 'tool breaker' because it is so hard .

The Ti-B is about as good as it can be made- excellent knurling and square threads on the tailcap- (a failure proof cap with 'piston' style on and momentary 'switch' )-- it is impossible to cross thread a TI-B- and it is more 'stainless' than stainless steel by far.

sry for the off topic rant--
hak

Last edited:
Hi Adam, welcome here. You were the guy I advised about safety glasses I think.

You seem to have it all sussed out, that printing business could go places if you look after it. Happy lasing and be safe.

^^ I agree-
I will link your site over at the lasershow forum- many there have other businesses that may want your help- -- and those that build DIY projectors need a 'makers' sticker-
a requirement to get an asscention number when you file your variance paperwork-

Good luck Adam

j2k

Welcome to the forums. I'm new to this place also, enjoyed reading your introduction, will keep you in mind if I need any vinyl decals!