Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Interested in the new Jetlasers 100mw 473nm PLE pro Mini

Does anyone have one of these yet? If so how do you like it? Iv put the laser hobby aside for the last year or so and im very intrigued with some of the new offering from Jet lasers and Sanwu Lasers. I used to have a 50mw(120mw lpmed) ple pro but it was imo to large for the power it made. This new mini version is like a dream come true. Im guessing ill get 150+ mw from a 100mw version so thats much more like it. yes i could just get a 4w 465nm laser and it would blow this thing away but 473nm DPSS just has this AWE factor with the color it makes.
Im really thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. Price is quite enticing

Last edited:

Radim

Re: Interested in the new Jet lasers 100mw 473nm PLE pro Mini

Did you notice the Mini has different beam specs? For me that was the main factor why I selected Pro version.

Did you notice the Mini has different beam specs? For me that was the main factor why I selected Pro version.

Interesting wonder why it would be so different. Seams like it could be an error but i could email them and ask. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: email sent. Im interested to see what they say. Honestly beam specs are not super important to me. Im more buying this for color then quality of beam.

Last edited:

Razako

Idk if anyone has bought the mini version yet, but the standard version seems to be quite reputable and popular around here. Just the other day another guy bought a 100mw 473 PL-E pro. The only thing I wonder about is how the duty cycle might be different between the two different options. Personally I would probably just pay the extra $50 for the full version to get a beefier host, but that's me.

Last edited:

Idk if anyone has bought the mini version yet, but the standard version seems to be quite reputable and popular around here. Just the other day another guy bought a 100mw 473 PL-E pro. The only thing I wonder about is how the duty cycle might be different between the two different options. Personally I would probably just pay the extra $50 for the full version to get a beefier host, but that's me.

Im willing to sacrifice run time for a smaller host. Its a single 18650 host. Much smaller and i feel justify's the power better. of course i have to give and get but iv dreamed about a compact 150mw 473nm ever since i sold my pro version

Radim

Interesting wonder why it would be so different. Seams like it could be an error but i could email them and ask. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: email sent. Im interested to see what they say. Honestly beam specs are not super important to me. Im more buying this for color then quality of beam.

Sure, I did not asked actually as I was interested in the Pro more as it seems it has a larger heatsink. But still, you can use 16340 cell in there if you make smaller tube or maybe JL might do it for you. That would be super small then. I guess there might be different module and/or optics in Mini. Maybe heatsinking issue as well.

I wanted to have longer duty cycle about 20 mins and JL offered me custom module solution wih external battery. Excelent customer care. But I wanted portability as well to use it as laser light brush for laserpainting not only as static beam, so I went with PL-E Pro although Gray recommended 1-2 mins on and 30 s off. But I'll find some cooling method for extending it. The point is I've had feeling they do everything they can for a customer, so the custom tube shoould not be a problem IMO. In addition you might change it for the standard one anytime you can and have 18650 batt's capacity. More versatile solution IMO.

Last edited:

Hi Alex,
I got my PL-E Pro 473nm 100mw about a month ago. You will not be disappointed in it. Here are a few pics of it in action. There is one shot of a 460nm with it for comparison. Good luck!

473nm + 460nm

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Quite a large visual difference between the 460nm and 473nm when you are looking at a high quality photo like these!
Nice Pics Bruce! :kewlpics:

Radim

Brucemir, why? Why are you doing that to me? :D
My 473 nm 100 mW PL-E Pro has not been shipped yet and I'll spend whole weekend and hopefully just part of next week till I'll have that little miracle here. That will be painful waiting seeing how awesome it is. Come on Jet Lasers - send it already! :D

And that color of the sky... :drool::drool::drool:

BTW great photos, as always. I love the two last ones. And is that a plasma ball behind?

Vision

Oh yeah, clear difference between those two. Love that color.

Thanks Bowtieguy and Radim!

Radim - You will have your laser before you know it and I am sure you already know how you want to use it with your painting. Yes that is a plasma ball behind the spheres. I am used in many times in the past and I have been able to do some really cool things with the plasma ball when turned on and off. When it is off, and since it is hollow and a vacuum, light behaves very differently than a solid glass sphere when it is turned off. When you shoot a beam into it , you see it going in, the beam will disappear, and you see the beam as it comes out. It is a very strange visual to see. And when you shoot beams behind it there is almost no bending of the beam as is the case with the solid glass spheres. Since I am at work I do not have access to photos of the beams passing thru the glass. Here are two links to a photos of the beams "stopping" as they enter the sphere, and seeing them again as they pass thru.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36467810@N00/12509626884/in/album-72157639698073153/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36467810@N00/12509185725/in/album-72157639698073153/

beams behind the glass

Vision

Amazing pics as always Bruce!

Radim

Bruce, sure... I've a lot of ideas and I've received my Light Painting Brushes from States this week. Therefore a lot to do during weekend. In addition I would like to start some trials with completely different form of laser painting - it will be a very abstract stuff. :)

Regarding the plasma ball - that is awesome thing I always wanted as well as Tesla coil, Van de Graaff generator and other cool stuff, maybe later as I cannot spend my money that fast. :D Also I need to start to occupy the room, where I intended to make a lab, as I'm almost out of space for storing my toys. I'm just feeling a bit of nostalgic remembering great times in high school when I was allowed to stay in physics lab many times to do some experiments...

And these optical effects in plasma ball are interesting - no air inside, nothing to difuse/reflect light - lasers in space would look a bit boring IMO. :D Also as there is small layer of glass I think the beam just refracts a due to lower speed of light in glass, than it refracts a bit more back due to higher speed of light in vacuum or almost vacuum to be exact (compared not only glass, but air as well) and this happens again reversed when leaving the ball. Very interesting effect. Well, maybe I need a hollow sphere with vacuum inside as well. :D

Also it is interesting that metamaterials with negative recraction indices are being developed, so the invisible cloak may become reality. :) It's exciting time we live in...

Edit: And thanks for sharing further pics - they are awesome...

Last edited:

Hi Radim,
I have photographed so many different things with lasers and other lighting. The last project I worked on for a few weeks was using empty plastic sleeves that flourescent bulbs go in. Image putting a bit of fog into them and shine lasers into them. Right now I am working with my Slinky, a piece of screen, my lasers and my spheres. I have already taken over 150 pics this week of them and will be photographing again tonight. Some incredible patterns have been created in the spheres.

Hi Alex,
I got my PL-E Pro 473nm 100mw about a month ago. You will not be disappointed in it. Here are a few pics of it in action. There is one shot of a 460nm with it for comparison. Good luck!

473nm + 460nm

The difference is quite noticeable. Amazing photos.

Sure, I did not asked actually as I was interested in the Pro more as it seems it has a larger heatsink. But still, you can use 16340 cell in there if you make smaller tube or maybe JL might do it for you. That would be super small then. I guess there might be different module and/or optics in Mini. Maybe heatsinking issue as well.

I wanted to have longer duty cycle about 20 mins and JL offered me custom module solution wih external battery. Excelent customer care. But I wanted portability as well to use it as laser light brush for laserpainting not only as static beam, so I went with PL-E Pro although Gray recommended 1-2 mins on and 30 s off. But I'll find some cooling method for extending it. The point is I've had feeling they do everything they can for a customer, so the custom tube shoould not be a problem IMO. In addition you might change it for the standard one anytime you can and have 18650 batt's capacity. More versatile solution IMO.

Here is the email i got from Gray at Jet Lasers. My suspensions were correct :D I am ordering one today

"Hello my friend,
Sorry for keeping you waiting.
Actually the 473nm specs are alike, so it is our fault. We will correct the PL-E mini specs later.
Thanks!
Gray"

Last edited: