Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Interest guage - 200mw 660nm red pointers...

Greg --

Mine arrived today too as I predicted. Nice housing and bright beam.

Question for you guys who have them -- Which ring focuses it closer ?? My outer ring turns easily for me but I'll wait for info.

OH - Thanks Greg. Good work

Mike

Outter ring focuses, the inner ring holds the lenses in place. Mine had a ton of green glue on the outter ring which I scraped away with a small precision screwdriver. Focus does nothing for burning or popping on mine.

vizp

My Sentorch, and spare, arrived! :cool: :cool: Now can't wait for red cube from DDL to arrive for doubling the beam power! ;D

Fine effort! Thanks a lot, Greg, for everthin'--and definitely not forgetting the low cost!

Canuke

jasturbo02 said:
I just got mine today SenKat. Thanks for the fast shipping. However, this thing is not as bright as the dvd burner reds I have been making, second it won't even pop a black baloon or light a sharpied match at any distance. My DIY red pops black baloons instantly and unsharpied matches very quickly. I tried 2 different sets of batteries and the focus seems to be fine so I did not try adjusting that.

Here's a suggestion: pop out and reseat the main switch.

Mine had a resistance of 1.2 ohms all by itself, so I took a closer look to see if there was a resistor in there. The knob you press can be pried off easily with a small flathead, revealing the white plastic post of the switch itself, with the dark gray switch housing visible at its base. Carefully press down on that housing, and you should be able to pop the switch out of the aluminum end cap.

It is mounted on a round board, whose bottom holds the positive contact. Take a good look, and you'll see something that had me shaking my head: the contact with the end cap is basicaly a press fit solder blob -- not the most stable of contact materials :p

After I reseated it, its resistance was 0.3 ohms -- and there was a slight boost in output, as compared to my Star Wars blaster. Now it's almost twice as bright as the latter. I figure if I had a laser power meter the difference would have been significant.

That, combined with the brass contact ring, simply isn't the best current path design I've seen :p I'm thinking of rigging up a better setup.

Greg,
My Sentorch also finally arrived. I appreciate all the hard work and effort put into this. However it was definitely worth the wait. Thanks again

S

SenKat

whitey529 said:
Greg,
   My Sentorch also finally arrived. I appreciate all the hard work and effort put into this. However it was definitely worth the wait. Thanks again

Man....I have been holding my breath on this one :p I had NEVER lost any packages before this GB....I have shipped out literally THOUSANDS of packages in the past few months, and it had never happened before - I guess I was pretty lucky till now :( Glad it got there okay, glad you like it too !

Senkat --

I took my torch appart (you knew I would !) and cleaned all the green glue out so I can focus it. Now it pops balloons and lights matches just like the others.

It took some heat to get the lens assembly out for cleaning the threads - They love that green stuff....

Mike

Hemlock

was it absolutely necessary to clean off the green glue in order to use the adjustable focus?

Gazoo

I focus mine with the inner ring. Turning it about a half turn counter clockwise will yield better burning results.

Can someone post a picture of the inner and outter ring for optimal burning or link me to where there is a picture. The message board is kinda long haha Thanks again!

Im sorry if this was repeatedly asked but im too lazy to go through 52 pages of text lol

My sentorch arrived today, long story short, im battery-less
I do have some in a drawer, but they have LITHIUM written all over it
and im not supposed to use liths in reds right

I would appreciate it tons
if you guys can give me the brand or a picture of the CR123's u guys are using for ur sentorches
or a link to somewhere that you buy them from etc.

PS : I live in Canada

CR123 batteries are LITHIUM. just don't use the 3.7v rechargeable ones. The rechargeable 3.0v LiPO4s might work. I don't think they actually make alkaline cr123s. Anyone knows what is the Voltage input range for this laser??

BAh the ones i have doesnt say voltage

but in theory as long as theyre not rechargeables it should be ok right

just tried it
how long does it take to kill a sentorch if u use the wrong batteries lol
mine's still working... so im guessing its ok ;D