Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Indium foil is well used to produce excellent heatsinking for laser diode modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indium is a wonderful product, and I may consider it for a future project. I would only use it to fuse an aixiz module into a copper heat sink for maximum thermal conductivity. If the laser diode dies then you could press it out and press a new one in to recycle the host material.
Thanks for your interest.
How many pieces of indium foil 0.1x100x100mm do you require? There are 4 people who are intested in it, and want to make a GB. As what I mentioned above, if your quantity goes up to 10pcs, we can deliver it free shipping. Please kindly note it.

$32? I'd be interested in one piece to try to use this for my diode projects, sure; count me in.

I imagine something like a 1cm square, with perhaps a hole cut centrally for the diode "can top" would probably work here. Perhaps in a press-fit heatsink situation. Or possibly a strip wrapped around it before insertion but that may be a bit harder to manage.

This thread is pretty much dead, but if you are willing to wait Aryntha I'll wait with you!

drlava

Here's a great local place to get indium (not foil)
united nuclear<--Link
They even have a ultra-low melting point allow available.

Here's a great local place to get indium (not foil)
united nuclear<--Link
They even have a ultra-low melting point allow available.

The price is certainly right for that stuff, but it says it has cadmium in it, which is a little off-putting. Is that actually a problem, or is it pretty safe to handle? The link to the MSDS is dead.

.3lite

I know it sounds strange, but what about some free samples? Like 0.1mm*20mm*20mm or even smaller 0.1mm*10mm*10mm, many people don't know what indium is, and alot of them heard about it but never tested it (such like me) and I'm not sure what to think about it, if it's so good as people says (you can solder anything) it would be worth to buy and do a group buy, but still, until you test it, you can't be sure about it, and to be honest, many people would like to test it before buying.

I know it sounds strange, but what about some free samples? Like 0.1mm*20mm*20mm or even smaller 0.1mm*10mm*10mm, many people don't know what indium is, and alot of them heard about it but never tested it (such like me) and I'm not sure what to think about it, if it's so good as people says (you can solder anything) it would be worth to buy and do a group buy, but still, until you test it, you can't be sure about it, and to be honest, many people would like to test it before buying.

Thanks for your interest, you can buy 1pc for testing first. As indium is a precious metal and international courier fee to USA or Europe is USD30-USD35, I am sorry to say that there is not free sample. Please kindly note it.

Status
Not open for further replies.