Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Indium foil is well used to produce excellent heatsinking for laser diode modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indium foil is ideal for creating cryogenic vacuum seals, and it is well used to produce excellent heatsinking for laser diode modules. We make Indium foil 99.99%min pure in width up to 400mm. We also custom-cut sheets in larger sizes or special shapes. The most requested sizes are 0.1x100x100mm, 0.1x150x150mm, 0.2x100x100mm, etc.
For Group Buys, our price for indium foil 99.99%min pure with dimension 0.1x100x100mm is USD32/pc, and we will deliver them with FREE shipping by TNT courier if the quantity goes up to 10pcs.
Payment: Western Union.
Delivery: Within 48 hours upon receipt of the payment.
If there is any interest, please post your QUANTITY here, or feel free to contact me at my email: tonyhantao@gmail.com

You can also buy it directly at my online store:
Tony Han's store-Small Orders Online Store

332062.jpg

You can get more pictures at my online album http://www.flickr.com/photos/hanbillion/

Last edited:

I would be willing to manage a GB for these if anyone is interested. I would only charge 2.6% plus .30 cents for fees and .46 cents for shipping in the US

International orders would be 2.6% plus an additional 1% then 1.50 for shipping.

Post here if you want on the list, there might not be enough interest so this might not go anywhere, but I figure I should try!

Pontiacg5 - 1

Sounds pretty neat, but foil? Wouldn't it be better if it were in blocks that could be milled or drilled?

No, this is somewhat like solder.

The application that would probably get the most use around here would be cutting squares of this stuff and pressing it in the diode pocket with the diode. When the diode heats up it will essentially solder the diode to the heatsink for amazing thermal transfer.

It can also be used to solder c-mount diodes to TEC's. Brass modules to aluminum heatsinsks etc. Foil would be the best shape for it to be in for our uses.

Kenom

You are correct. Indium is a better choice for a thermal "paste" than antec silver II. The only problem is.. getting it in there... It's not an easy thing to do with a 5.6mm diode in a pocket.

hi everyone, thanks for interest.
Would you please post here for your quantity? like 2pcs of indium foil 0.1x100x100mm.
:)

Im sure your all aware of this but western union is probably the worst way to do business, especially when your buying from someone in china. i personally have been screwed by chinese sellers only willing to use western union. If this seller would like to use paypal since its safer i would be in for 1 otherwise this sounds to much like a scam.
-nick

Yes that is very much true, some references would be nice hanbillion.

Im sure your all aware of this but western union is probably the worst way to do business, especially when your buying from someone in china. i personally have been screwed by chinese sellers only willing to use western union. If this seller would like to use paypal since its safer i would be in for 1 otherwise this sounds to much like a scam.
-nick

Thanks for your message.
As for payment, we usually ask for T/T(wire transfer) or Western Union. Our bank will charge us approximate USD25 for banking charge if you pay by T/T. Therefore, we suggest our customer pay by Western Union if the amount is small.
To be frank, I know most American customer perfer to pay by PayPal, that is easy and safer for buyers. However, it is not easy for us to get money from PayPal in China. Of course, in China, we also have some other payment tool like PayPal. For example, the Alipay from www.taobao.com(belongs to Alibaba) is widely used in China for online shopping. If I was in USA, that is no problem for payment through PayPal.
Meanwhile, I am sorry to hear that you think this is like a scam. I think the easy way to verify someone is a scammer or not is google their name. If it is a scammer, there must be some bad comments on them. At last, you still don't trust me, I can give you some copies of remittance slip from our customers for your reference. As a business man, the reliable reputation is better than money.
Thank you.

These are what(10pcs of indium disc and 1pc of indium foil 0.1x100x100mm) I sent to one of our customers today.

4776599277_3a73b6e2a8.jpg

I am interested in a sheet also. But will only pay through paypal.

You all realize paypal offers absolutely no protection at all outside of ebay? I could sell you a $5,000 TV and ship you a shoe and you can file claims all day long but as long as the seller has a tracking number you will not get a dollar back.

It just seems that everyone thinks paypal is the greatest and is the safetst thing ever. Everyone just assumes they can get their money back, but 9 times out of ten you won't.

Just letting you know.

No, I don't really like paypal that much. I just want to use it for transactions like this because I have money in the account and it is the most convenient way.

Kevlar

I could see how this would be good if used as pontiac5 and kenom said but do you guys think it could also be used for heatsinks where we use the aixiz module? Put some in between the aixiz module and the heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.