Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Incredibly cheap Laser Power Meter?

JLSE

hydrogenman15 said:
Now common guys. :p This thing is total CRAP crappy,crappy,crappy...  We have been over this before its a OPTICAL power meter so it will not give you a good reading at different wavelengths. ::) Just my 0.02 dollars.

--hydro15

Spyderz20x6 said:
It's a piece of shit.
Laserbee uses thermopile, this is an OPTICAL PHOTODIODE "LPM". Don't bother.

I have a coherent lasercheck, and while yes its not the best method of measuring (in some cases), it will most certainly point you in the right direction. If I had only 25$ I think I would rather have a clue than a useless guess. If you want accuracy, cough up the bucks!  This is a 24$ simple solution, so unless you can provide a better line of input, or a 25$ thermopile system ...... :-X

Just an FYI- I have both a Laserbee 1watt thermopile meter and a lasercheck, my results for 405, 532, 650, 780, 808, and 836nm have tested side by side varying by a few mW's and in line with charts posted on LPF in mW vs ma. I havent had the time nor the interest in calibrating either as ive tested many, many lasers and diodes with no issues.

Well said....
it is a low cost, simple solution to giving a useful clue rather than
useless guess. :cool:

I have both the LaserBee I and the 120 mW LPM module. The Laserbee is very easy/fun to use and from what I can tell very accurate. I have 3 lasers with print out measurements taken with different LPM's and the laserBee is spot on. The 120 mW module is usually within 5% of those measurements. I think it is worth the price but only if you can't afford the LaserBee I. The only issue with the 120mW module is that you have to connect it to a 9 volt battery and then your digital multi-meter. Then you have to try and focus the beam on the photo-diode which can be cumbersome...but not so much that it isn't useful. I just did a comparison test using a 100 mW True Green Ebay laser (True-Ha). The 120 mW module read it putting out 54 mW's of color, the LaserBee I read 57 mW's. So the results are within 5 to 6% difference. Of course this was not under scientific conditions monitored by NASA...so your mileage :) may vary. Bottom-Line is it works as advertised. LaserBee makes a great product in my book!

Attachments

• CIMG0624.JPG
    CIMG0624.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 75
Thanks for the vote of confidence WackBag. :cool:

That's all we are saying... the 120mW LPM Module is close enough to give you a good idea of your
Laser's power output. :)

I see you got Rattlehead's LaserBee I. If you need anything for the LaserBee I just contact us. ;)

lasersbee said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1221793787/0#12 date=1221929982]It's a piece of shit.

Do you have one?? If so when was it purchased??[/quote]
I know for sure that it is unreliable...

But the other ones you sell (w/ data logging) that use a thermopile, those are just fine! :)

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=lasersbee link=1221793787/0#14 date=1222038961][quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1221793787/0#12 date=1221929982]It's a piece of shit.

But the other ones you sell (w/ data logging) that use a thermopile, those are just fine! :)[/quote]

Again..... Do you have one?? If so when was it purchased??
There ia a reason for my questions. :)

JLSE

"Thanks for the vote of confidence WackBag" LOL, that would be sarcasm if it werent a forum name!

daguin

lasersbee said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1221793787/20#20 date=1222051581][quote author=lasersbee link=1221793787/0#14 date=1222038961][quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1221793787/0#12 date=1221929982]It's a piece of shit.
But the other ones you sell (w/ data logging) that use a thermopile, those are just fine! :)[/quote]
Again..... Do you have one?? If so when was it purchased??
There ia a reason for my questions. :)[/quote]

If there is a reason why don't you just state it. If there was a change in components and/or construction, you could tell the forum that without this person responding. He could then decide if it applied to him. Your requiring his giving you a date before you say anything makes it look you are going to adapt your answer based on his response.

Peace,
dave

You are absolutely correct Dave....  I will try to be more clear.... :)

We have had 2 different batches/styles of optical Sensors.
The first generation of our 120mW LPM Module design we used round metal encased
sensors. We had problems with the sensor response inconsistancies (ie some of
these sensor gave different non linear responses). These were soon abandoned.
The second  optical sensors (smaller square ones) were much better (more
consistant) and the supplier assured us that the wavelength range was 400nm
to 1200nm.
Once we were able to build a Blu-Ray laser (info found here on LPF) and tested
this wavelength we found the data supplied to us by the supplier was in error.
The 120mw LPM does not like 405nm and it can not be used for that wavelength.

Now my question is... Does Spyderz20x6 have direct first hand knowledge by his own
tests of his 120mW LPM Module and if so when was it purchased so that we know which
model he has... if indeed he purchased one.
And if he has a Metal Enclosed Sensor 120mW LPM Module we will replace it for him.

There was no trap intended... I was merely looking for information so that I could
respond in the proper manner and do a lot less typing...

Now my finger is sore from typing... ;D ;D ;D

wannaburn said:
"Thanks for the vote of confidence WackBag" LOL, that would be sarcasm if it werent a forum name!

Yeah.... LOL  ;D ;D ;D

I didn't see it that way (or did I mean it that way)...

Gee... you must have a twisted mind :eek:

lasersbee said:
You are absolutely correct Dave....  I will try to be more clear.... :)

We have had 2 different batches/styles of optical Sensors.
The first generation of our 120mW LPM Module design we used round metal encased
sensors. We had problems with the sensor response inconsistancies (ie some of
these sensor gave different non linear responses). These were soon abandoned.
The second  optical sensors (smaller square ones) were much better (more
consistant) and the supplier assured us that the wavelength range was 400nm
to 1200nm.
Once we were able to build a Blu-Ray laser (info found here on LPF) and tested
this wavelength we found the data supplied to us by the supplier was in error.
The 120mw LPM does not like 405nm and it can not be used for that wavelength.

Now my question is... Does Spyderz20x6 have direct first hand knowledge by his own
tests of his 120mW LPM Module and if so when was it purchased so that we know which
model he has... if indeed he purchased one.
And if he has a Metal Enclosed Sensor 120mW LPM Module we will replace it for him.

There was no trap intended... I was merely looking for information so that I could
respond in the proper manner and do a lot less typing...

Now my finger is sore from typing... ;D ;D ;D
I don't remember the exact date when it was purchased, but it was about half a year ago. I have also built my own optical sensors before i had an LPM :-[

Don't bother replacing it, i don't really need one since i already have an LPM...

JLSE

lasersbee said:
[quote author=wannaburn link=1221793787/20#22 date=1222053023]"Thanks for the vote of confidence WackBag" LOL, that would be sarcasm if it werent a forum name!

Yeah.... LOL  ;D ;D ;D

I didn't see it that way (or did I mean it that way)...

Gee... you must have a twisted mind :eek:[/quote]

I was reading the page quickly to find new text , when I passed by it gave my eyes a double take [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

I don't remember the exact date when it was purchased, but it was about half a year ago. I have also built my own optical sensors before i had an LPM embarrassed

Don't bother replacing it, i don't really need one since i already have an LPM...

What kind of LPM are you using at the present time (Photo Sensor or Thermopile)?? :)

Gee...should I change my forum name  :'(  Will everybody just stop pickin on me  :mad:  Maybe I should change it to BagWack  ;D

How about LaserDude...now thats original ;D

we like wack bag!

and thanks laserbee for the info on here. i will have to buy the laserbee I sometime in the near future.

JLSE

WackBag said:
Gee...should I change my forum name  :'(  Will everybody just stop pickin on me  :mad:  Maybe I should change it to BagWack  ;D

How about LaserDude...now thats original ;D

Id have to say that any name that can give a grown man the giggles is a welcome one!