Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Incredibly cheap Laser Power Meter?

well its a great deal but most my lasers are above this....

:(

i need about a less than 1-2 watt

well that was actually my next question..

but isnt there a way around that?

i thought there was a mathematical formula to work around the laserbee LPM and have it give acurate reading (after the equation) for 405nm

spyrorocks said:
Actually that is pretty cheap, it includes data logging.

it is pretty cheap compared to others but still, $200 is a lot of money to throw around (coming from  the guy who wasted $110 on dx goggles! lol)

Now common guys. :p This thing is total CRAP crappy,crappy,crappy... We have been over this before its a OPTICAL power meter so it will not give you a good reading at different wavelengths. ::) Just my 0.02 dollars.

--hydro15

It's a piece of shit.
Laserbee uses thermopile, this is an OPTICAL PHOTODIODE "LPM". Don't bother.

thesk8nmidget said:
well that was actually my next question..

but isnt there a way around that?

i thought there was a mathematical formula to work around the laserbee LPM and have it give acurate reading (after the equation) for 405nm

thesk8nmidget,
                      the unit you are speaking of is the 120mW LPM Module. It uses a Photo Sensor.
The Photo Sensor is not linear below 488nm and manufacture variations make 405nm even worse.
We suggest it NOT to be used for 405nm. It is however useful for Reds and Greens.

Don't expect to get the accuracy of our LaserBee I but it will be close to the actual power of the laser
under test. :)

Not to be confused with the LaserBee I that uses a Thermopile Sensor and reads the 405nm Blu-Ray
just fine and it does not need a correction factor but costs quite a bit more. :)

Spyderz20x6 said:
It's a piece of shit.
Laserbee uses thermopile, this is an OPTICAL PHOTODIODE "LPM". Don't bother.

Do you have one?? If so when was it purchased??

hydrogenman15 said:
Now common guys. :p This thing is total CRAP crappy,crappy,crappy...  We have been over this before its a OPTICAL power meter so it will not give you a good reading at different wavelengths. ::) Just my 0.02 dollars.

--hydro15

Do you have one?? If so when was it purchased??