Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

In Stock : 3-3.5Watt 445nm Copper Dominator, 2x26650 blue laser.

hey blord you should sell a version of these using the NDB7A75.

that's what I did once I burned out the original 9mm diode in mine. DTR has a short module back piece that makes even better thermal dissipation by touching the diode's back, the module plus this short piece fit perfectly into the dominator's heatsink

when run at 3.5A, only 500mA over the rated limit, it produces a 4.5W+ 445nm (using a g lens/single element)

USAbro

Re: For sale: 3+Watt Copper Dominator, 2x26650 blue laser.

The copper alone worth $80. It it hard to machine this metal. :(
The extension tube is not a tube from another Dominator. It is a specially made tube for this kind of host. It has the same color and texture as the original tube.
I know I'll get flack about quoting old posts, but I must ask, the copper is $80? My dad scraps copper at $1.17 a pound.

sinner

My dad scraps copper at $1.17 a pound.

Since it looks like it needs elaborating allow me,
finding a scrap piece of copper size of 2" - not something you can count on , and may take days to find one , if you're lucky and you have connections with scrap cartel.
Machining the scrap piece of copper of 2" - 3 hours.
Drilling side screw , tapping threads - 0:30 hours
Polishing - 0:30 hours

Not to forget, you must own a $1000-$100,000 machine, and another $500-$5000 in tools (depending if you're a hobbyist or a professional)

You're probably making less than you would with your routine work, That is if, you do the machining yourself.

& you still have to do the assembly. there is a whole another side to this but i wont go there, you just need to know this is hard work esp with older machines that are not that safe.

Blord, is probably getting them made from someone whos also on this forum i believe, on a quarter of a million $$$ worth of equipment , hence the precision fit and quality of his product.

Not saying you donot have a point, but raw materials are just a teensy part of it.

Blord, is probably getting them made from someone whos also on this forum

Yep :)

Member Th3dArKn3o CNC machines them to precision, according to post #21. Not sure if it's the same bloke who still does it.

I second that, but its so damn expensive and I bet it weighs 350g in this build..
398,9g to be exact ;)

copperheatsinkfinal.jpg

Also believe me the Price is already really tight Blord is not making much profit with this !
Those are CNC made sinks with the highest precision you can get and CNC work is not cheap !
Also Copper prices are raising day to day ...
Anyway this Build from Blord is definitely the best Laser I've seen so far and I wish him good luck with the selling and the lucky buyer who gets this: treat it with the respect it earns !

Blord

The copper heatsink was originally made by Th3dArKn3o but he hasn't been on the forum for 18 months now.
I have tried contract him but that has failed. He is just vanished. He still owes me some money for other things. I paid him in advance but he is suddenly disappeared.

Now about the price. The $80 was for the copper heatsink AND the host. You are comparing apples to oranges. The value of the metal has some impact on the price but that isn't the major component. Most work is done machining and polishing the copper. And labor isn't cheap.

Why does Intel ask $1000 for the high end CPU's ? The metals in the processors is very little and cost maybe a few dollars. It is mostly silicium and that is the most abundant material on earth. So Intel should sell the cpu's for a few dollars ? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Now about the price. The $80 was for the copper heatsink AND the host. You are comparing apples to oranges. The value of the metal has some impact on the price but that isn't the major component. Most work is done machining and polishing the copper. And labor isn't cheap.

If you all only read one thing, read that. The forums machinists don't just buy a chunk of metal an dsay "K, do yer thing," they put plenty of time into it to make the beautiful hosts/heatsinks/whatever that are so readily available to us.

Vega

@BLORD
I sent you a PM, I want it!
please reply to my message!

Vega

Payment sent! I cant believe it took this long to sell!
One looks and I fell in love!

Blord

Sorry for the late reply. I have a few hosts left and building a Copper DOminator is possible. PM me if you want one.