Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

In Stock : 3-3.5Watt 445nm Copper Dominator, 2x26650 blue laser.

zeera

Re: New Year Sale ! 3-3.5Watt Copper Dominator, 2x26650 blue laser.

Here are some results, which show the burning power of Dominator laser, think it will be interesting for future buyers :D:

zeera

considering the previous post I have a question to the laser building community.
Is it possibble to use additional lens to focus edges of the dominators "line" looking beam closer to the center? This should theoretically add around 30% of efficiency and increase a burning power.
What do you think?

Blord

The Dominator laser utilizes the G9 lens. It is already the lens that adds 30% power compared with the Aixiz 3-element glass lens.

zeera

The Dominator laser utilizes the G9 lens. It is already the lens that adds 30% power compared with the Aixiz 3-element glass lens.
I don't mean using another lens, I mean using Dominator with two lenses...

By the way. Interesting thing about dominator))) If you have a sigle mode driver and do not want a full power, you can unscrew a half of the handle and use it with one battery!

Last edited:

I don't mean using another lens, I mean using Dominator with two lenses...

By the way. Interesting thing about dominator))) If you have a sigle mode driver and do not want a full power, you can unscrew a half of the handle and use it with one battery!

can you confirm this blord? is it algud to use one 26650 to cut back the power safely without wrecking anything?

I've got this one Blord.

@RYDorDIE278:

When you ordered your DominatoR, Blord may have asked you if you wanted it to use one or two batteries. If you chose one, it absolutely can not be used with two batteries. that would be a boost driver which not many would recommend for a 9mm 445 build. If your laser uses two batteries, it has a buck driver. shortening the handle to use one battery drastically reduces voltage, and thus lasing power, but is safe to do without fear of harming the laser. I know because I asked Blord this very question.

@zeera:

mode is determined by the laser diode, not the driver, there is no such thing as a single mode driver. there are only linear, buck, and boost as far as I know. Oh and boost/buck drivers, those are uncommon and expensive I think. you basically only have two lens options. a G lens or a 3 element. A G lens sits closer to the diode, captures more of it's light. it will give superior buring power and a slightly brighter beam, but will diverge faster than a 3 element, which means the beam will be wider than that of the 3 element's beam at most distances. 3 element lenses will decrease your laser's power very noticably at these high power levels. I think the 3 element lenses are better suited to 1W or 1.5W 445nm lasers, I'd stick with the G lens for a 3W. If you don't have a lower powered 445nm, it may be nice to have both types for your DominatoR. It's not really possible or practical to use multiple lenses at once on the DominatoR, and with any lenses, the more of them you pass light through, the more the power will decrease, the glass will always absorb at least a little bit. For a rounder dot and beam at a similar color, an osram single mode 450nm diode build is called for, these are much lower in power

Last edited:

cheerZ Shakenawake for clearing that up, that all makes a lot of sense,

I think zeera was referring to the "sigle mode" driver lol, as the driver with only "full power" ( no 50% , 10% or flashing) nothing to do with diode modes.

if were lucky one day blord might get the "single mode" driver DominatoR and use his LPM to see the output of this build with only one battery installed :D

I think he meant modes as in low power, high power and strobe

Last edited:

+1 member to the Copper Dominator club!! Super stoked to receive this monster!

Wow. I have read through the entire thread and I must say that the Dominator laser looks absolutely amazing. I might decide to buy one, sooner or later.

I have some questions:

1) I am assuming that the copper and the aluminum version have the same performance, and the only parameter that changes is the duty cycle. Am I correct? How much shorter is the duty cycle of the aluminum version, compared to the copper version?

2) What is the total length of the laser? How does the length of the 2-battery version differ from the length of the 1-battery version?

Blord

1) The aluminium perform almost the same. The heat is draw faster from the diode with copper but the heat dissipation ( host ) is the same.
I don't have the aluminium version in stock.

2) The 2x26650 version is 22cm long and 1x26650 laser is 16cm. The difference is the battery extension for the 26650 battery.

Got 2 copper dominator's from blord and i am very happy with them the build quality is superb and has a performance to match.

Thank you blord for a great product no doubt i will be buying more from you in the future.

Thanks Dan

Just received mine. This thing has some weight to it. Now I just need to charge my batteries! :D

Got 2 copper dominator's from blord and i am very happy with them the build quality is superb and has a performance to match.

Thank you blord for a great product no doubt i will be buying more from you in the future.

Thanks Dan
That's awsum alryt! one for each hand I guess! i wish i knew how it felt to have one in each hand with both turned on! ive got to agree that the build quality is superb! do u have one of them by your bedside when you sleep? i cant sleep well if my DominatoR is not next to my bed...haha

That's awsum alryt! one for each hand I guess! i wish i knew how it felt to have one in each hand with both turned on! ive got to agree that the build quality is superb! do u have one of them by your bedside when you sleep? i cant sleep well if my DominatoR is not next to my bed...haha

It feels awesome having one in each hand gives you a strange power feeling :evil:
None at the bedside don't want no accidents since people do not understand how dangerous these lasers are best kept out of sight or did you mean my mrs dominator lol.

Thanks again blord these are amazing lasers and both are holding up well and still working great.