Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

In a dilemma

589nm or 473nm

• 30mw 589nm Dragon Lasers

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • 50mw 473nm Jetlasers

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, totally agree with Encap. Don't mess around with it and get it replaced. The more you mess, the less chance of you getting a replacement as then the majority of the damage is on you. Don't keep running it now, and wait for a reply.
Best of luck. :beer:

Edit: just pushed billybob up to 589. :p

Last edited:

Encap

Damn, this sucks the one I have is quite pass 50mw though I don't have a LPM to test it. Thanks for the advice Encap.

I though you were getting a 30mW 589nm--anyway get a replacement ---If you bought a 30mW, tell them you want one that works and a 50mW version as comensation for the time, trouble, and money spent.

Yep, totally agree with Encap. Don't mess around with it and get it replaced. The more you mess, the less chance of you getting a replacement as then the majority of the damage is on you. Don't keep running it now, and wait for a reply.
Best of luck. :beer:

Edit: just pushed billybob up to 589. :p

Exactly

Last edited:
Ya I did buy a 30mw but the one I got was quite stronger than 30mw. No reply yet from DL.

There are a number of things that may have happened to it. It may have a loose connection and your tapping it is making and breaking that connection. It could be a switch problem. It might be the battery connections. Have you tried to change the batteries yet?

diachi

There are a number of things that may have happened to it. It may have a loose connection and your tapping it is making and breaking that connection. It could be a switch problem. It might be the battery connections. Have you tried to change the batteries yet?

Yep, good suggestions.

These shouldn't die or go out of alignment that easily, even though they are pretty sensitive. It should take a fairly hard bump to knock anything out of alignment. Unless it's just faulty from factory or something.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Being faulty in the beginning is still a possibility. But anyway, I hope you get it resolved.

It's not the battery using a Panasonic 18650 switched it out with my others and still doesn't work, I think it is a loose connection when I tap the side it sometimes stays on till I move it around fast, point it at the ground, or tap the side again.

diachi

It's not the battery using a Panasonic 18650 switched it out with my others and still doesn't work, I think it is a loose connection when I tap the side it sometimes stays on till I move it around fast, point it at the ground, or tap the side again.

Bad switch contact or solder joint somewhere possibly. Are those tail clicky hosts?

Last edited:
So I just got out my XML-T6 and used that for the clicky since it has the same mechanic. Which did the same thing as the Spartan clicky, and only producing yellow when I tap the side. Safe to say it is a internal problem most likely a connection issue.

diachi

So I just got out my XML-T6 and used that for the clicky since it has the same mechanic. Which did the same thing as the Spartan clicky, and only producing yellow when I tap the side. Safe to say it is a internal problem most likely a connection issue.

Any noteworthy current draw when the yellow drops off?

Sadly, I don't have have the tools to check the current. It doesn't produce yellow unless I tap it. If you want I can take a quick video of it.

Last edited:
Well I returned my spartan and they sent a new one back a couple days ago, it should be arriving by Tuesday. They said the one I returned works well and he said that "I guess you need to buy a different brand of batteries some batteries are different in dimensions so that is probably the reason it could not be connected well." And they sent me a back new a 30mW as a replacement. So does anyone know another good 18650 company besides Panasonic?

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

BillyBob, D/L is just blowing smoke, there's nothing wrong with your battery, besides, as you mentioned previously, you've tried other batteries with no better luck.
As long as your panasonic is a genuine cell, and is fully charged, and is making good contact, it should work fine!

Like many of the other posters have mentioned, you probably had a loose, or bad solder joint in your other unit, hopefully your new 589nm will work just fine. :yh:

Good luck with your new Spartan, and be sure to include some nice photos. :beer:

PS - Too bad they didn't compensate you with the 50mW version for your troubles.

Last edited: