Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Im looking for one of the best diodes i can get.

Re: Im looking for one of the best diodes i can ge

If you're looking for a truely high quality and powerful diode, $250 is really chump change. You'll be close to or above four digits for a visible wavelength diode that can do 300mW CW and still be under its rated power level.

GooeyGus said:
If you're looking for a truely high quality and powerful diode, $250 is really chump change. You'll be close to or above four digits for a visible wavelength diode that can do 300mW CW and still be under its rated power level.
It's rated for 150mW CW :-?
You mean 300mW pulsed?

No, He's saying $250 is expensive for a 150mW CW diode. So I said that if he wants a diode that can do 250-300mW CW and still be UNDER it's rated power, he's going to spend a whole lot more. $250 isn't expensive for a diode, we are just spoiled with dvd and blu-ray burners.

GooeyGus said:
No, He's saying $250 is expensive for a 150mW CW diode. So I said that if he wants a diode that can do 250-300mW CW and still be UNDER it's rated power, he's going to spend a whole lot more. $250 isn't expensive for a diode, we are just spoiled with dvd and blu-ray burners.
Oh! Now i see what you mean...

here is dr. lavas graph....but you'd still pass the 75% of max mark with a long open can diode.....

Attachments

• diode_red_roundup.png
    diode_red_roundup.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 102