Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Illegal activity, What Have You Thought About?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blarg King- it's funny you bring that up about the remote and TVs at Walmart. It reminds me back when I was in high school I used to have a universal remote that was programmed to all the TVs in the school, you can just imagine what I did with that.

haha! my friends and i had one too, substitute teachers just gave up.

The strings in these machines replaced the hooks. The hook's flaw was that you could rock the machine and get prizes to fal, you had to REALLY rock it, there could be no one around. In response they incorporated the strings.
I think if they had some jack bower type patrolling these game machines 24/7 the old tech would have been fine.

daguin

This idea pops up every once in a while. It is an extremely bad idea.
Besides the "moral" issues you may or may not have to deal with:

1) cameras
2) security people and other shoppers
3) spurious reflection
4) reckless endangerment
5) public nuisance
6) any other "laser related" charges

Even if they don't "catch you" while you are actually doing it, once the machine operator sees the "burned" string, they will go to the security tape to find you.
Once they identify what you look like, then they will find you on other tapes coming in and going out.

You're taking a very big risk of going away for a couple of years (along with thousands of dollars of legal fees and fines and the confiscation of all of your lasers) for the price of an iPod

Think, McFly. Think . . . .

Peace,
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.