Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'll be scarce for a few days *UPDATE - I'm back* :D

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Re: I'll be scarce for a few days

If you want the best and can afford it go for Alienware, I have the laptop and it is amazing. 30FPS on MW2 with everything maxed, in battery saver mode! around 95 in "normal" mode. Tis awesome! It's played every game I've tried, all settings maxed, beautifully

I asked about AlienWare here on the forum before and the consensus seemed to be that were overpriced. Now I'm confused lol. TBH though I really can't afford to be spending that much right now. It's gotta be less than $500, and preferable AMD.

Laptop or Desktop?

If laptop, you can't go any better than a Lenovo for durability and performance.

If desktop, I'd recommend custom. ;)

I asked about AlienWare here on the forum before and the consensus seemed to be that were overpriced. Now I'm confused lol. TBH though I really can't afford to be spending that much right now. It's gotta be less than $500, and preferable AMD.
I spent a few weeks sourcing out a laptop and I found a laptop with the exact same hardware for about 75$ less so they aren't that much more expensive, can't say anything for the desktops though. And when you get a computer that looks like this with 15 customizable lighting zones, I found it worth the extra 75$ :)
alienm15xb.jpg

I love my M15x, like I said it plays everything I throw at it maxed with super smooth frame rates, some games I use modified textures and bumpmaps(ground textures) to increase quality. and still get good FPS, like Fallout 3 the texture sizes are 512x512 in the game, I used a texture replacer that changed it to 2048x2048 and the bumpmaps from 512x512 to 2048x2048, and I was getting around 40-45 FPS, and am loving it.

Here's a picture to show the differences.
12056-4-1270558151.jpg

Custom laptopt ? :p

Hah, I wish people were able to make custom laptops... First order of business there would be CPUs and GPUs though. Not many of the mobile versions just floating around in stores, even specialty computer stores.

Maybe you should have kept the netbook you sold me, at least until you got a new machine. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

Sorry guys, but it looks like I will be without a computer for at least another week. I'm at my College now cause I can use the computers there to come on the forum and check other important things, but I will likely be slow replying to PMs and email for the next little while.

As for a new PC, I am thinking of getting this: (maybe replace the hard drive with a graphics card, since I have a perfectly good 500GB drive)

Buy the AMD X2 Complete PC Kit at TigerDirect.ca

Really want to stay below the $300 mark so I can also order something from Nova now that I have seen the price drop :p I don't game either, so I don't need that much power.

HIMNL9

Hah, I wish people were able to make custom laptops... First order of business there would be CPUs and GPUs though. Not many of the mobile versions just floating around in stores, even specialty computer stores.

Someone do them ..... the only problem is that, sometimes, they also exagerate a little bit .....

2wevz3d.jpg

(if you're wondering, yes, it's a working laptop :p :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:)

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Back on a College PC, coming here everyday now. :D

Anyway, I have now ordered a new PC, so I will be able to return fully within about a week. Here's what I ordered for the those who are curious:

Wish List TigerDirect.ca

CONGRATS!!! I need a new desktop PC, my laptop hates being on for days on end :p

Heh, days on end...

Says the guy who's desktop has been on for almost 3 months now without a restart or shutdown. 82 days and 15 hours now... And still counting.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

Well I'm back! :D I got my PC parts today and assembled it, amazingly without an mishaps, so now I can return to the forum more regularly.

This is what I got:

Wish List TigerDirect.ca